Do you think Riven is unviable right now?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Azurlite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2013

a 1.5 stun duration would be way too powerful, the only thing I can see changed about her W is that it will stun for 1.25 seconds up from .75 when her ultimate is active. This would make her teamfight presence a lot stronger as well as be able to make trades with the enemy laner.

RengeTalon

02-12-2013

They need to improve the range on that stun, it's so small and takes so long to cast it won't hit an opponent unless she's standing on their head. Or maybe reduce the cast time, she stands there stunned for about the same amount of time as the enemy.

Durandral

02-13-2013

Bump because of Riven changes in next patch....

ElDynamite

02-13-2013

RIVEN CHANGES WOOT
"Runic Blade
Adjusted damage to 15-45% of her total Attack Damage (based on champion level) from 5-15 (+0.5 bonus attack damage)
Broken Wings
Fixed a bug that was causing Broken Wings to improperly apply it’s splash damage if Valor was cast too recently"
So one bugfix and one change that barely helps. Continue the discussion please.

I picked up Riven a while ago, and since then, I've felt she has become useless in the League of Warmogs. IMO, Riven's cooldowns are too long for jumping in like a derp, and the only time she can actually function in a fight is when all the enemies are low.

Her winrate is 44.38 right now... I hope that says something.

X74

02-13-2013

It is saying something, but not what I'm thinking.

I am however happy over the upcoming changes, as while I do believe the nerfs can be worked with and negated with proper play, I do think that her nerfs were a bit excessive. Damage is what Riven is best at, and with this change she'll be able to hit even harder.

Azurlite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2013

In my opinion, these riven changes won't do much, I love how they say she can snowball easily when this is untrue, all the enemy laner has to do is get a bit of armor then stack HP in the warmogs meta, making her early game autos do 2-4 less damage and buffing her late game damage by 15-20 every auto attack will not solve anything for her.

My guess is that her win rate will drop another .1 % (Not 1 % but 0.1%) or it will just stay the same as it has been for the past few weeks. This is more of a nerf to be honest, Riven's lategame is mediocre due to it being hard for her to lock down on an ADC if the enemy team has even 1 CC.

She's supposed to do well in early/mid, they are just taking the only good things she has right now and transferring it over to her late game build where she does her poorest at. I might be wrong though, if Riven's win rate increases after this patch I'd be surprised.

TL;DR: This change will be so minor that Riven's winrate will budge about 0.1% at best.

X74

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azures Edge View Post
In my opinion, these riven changes won't do much, I love how they say she can snowball easily when this is untrue, all the enemy laner has to do is get a bit of armor then stack HP in the warmogs meta, making her early game autos do 2-4 less damage and buffing her late game damage by 15-20 every auto attack will not solve anything for her.

My guess is that her win rate will drop another .1 % (Not 1 % but 0.1%) or it will just stay the same as it has been for the past few weeks. This is more of a nerf to be honest, Riven's lategame is mediocre due to it being hard for her to lock down on an ADC if the enemy team has even 1 CC.

She's supposed to do well in early/mid, they are just taking the only good things she has right now and transferring it over to her late game build where she does her poorest at. I might be wrong though, if Riven's win rate increases after this patch I'd be surprised.

TL;DR: This change will be so minor that Riven's winrate will budge about 0.1% at best.
Just played a game with Riven with the new passive, and no, this is far from a nerf, and it helps a bit more than you may be thinking. This is actually a VERY nice buff. The new passive is far superior to the old one if you bother using it to its best potential.

Give it a try, I can't imagine how you won't be satisfied with it.

Azurlite

02-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by X74X View Post
Just played a game with Riven with the new passive, and no, this is far from a nerf, and it helps a bit more than you may be thinking. This is actually a VERY nice buff. The new passive is far superior to the old one if you bother using it to its best potential.

Give it a try, I can't imagine how you won't be satisfied with it.
Ah, thanks for the update, I didn't realize it would be better, I guess Riven can go a bit of defense after her first offensive item afterwards instead now so she has some tankiness to boot as well as damage.

Azurlite

02-17-2013

Anyone else think passive changes are better for her?

Derrick the Red

02-18-2013

Absolutely!

I switched my runes around a bit. Started taking health regen quints and armor pen marks. Bought w/e I want to start, but build a health crystal and long sword early (no more dorans). I am winning a lot more. The biggest change is remembering to not be too aggressive very early if I a am against a counter. I also have an experimental rune set with health quints.

Other note: two damage items only now is good enough . If I get a BT and a BC and then go health/armor/mr then I still do great damage. I find mid game to be scary of the other team is fed since I am still relatively squishy, but late game is easy and early game is OK with careful play.

Thoughts?