Something dumb about the new ranked system

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BksOnMyJock

02-04-2013

So last night I got promoted to silver 3. I started off with 0 points in this division and worked my way up to 64. points. then tonight i played a lot of matches today and lost all my points and unfortunately got dropped back down to silver 4. Every game I have won and lost an estimated 14-17 league points. Why is it that when i get demoted i start off with 50 points again? Like what kind of mickey mouse **** is that? wouldnt you normally drop 14-17 points? that would leave me at like silver 4 with around 80 points. I think thats pretty bogus especially considering that when i entered the new league i didnt start with 50. I personally think this is a sick joke.

BksOnMyJock

02-04-2013

bump

Ahristotle

02-04-2013

lawsuit.

It is always the answer.

BksOnMyJock

02-04-2013

bump

BksOnMyJock

02-04-2013

bump it again.

BksOnMyJock

02-05-2013

bump

snadam

02-05-2013

i believe i've seen this answered elsewhere. This is my understanding.

You have a 3 match grace period after bumping up a tier, in which losses don't drop you below zero. if you are still on a loosing streak after that grace period the system figures you got lucky and drops you down to the previous tier. It sets you at 50 since you've already proven to be competent at this tier but not quote good enough to be playing at the next tier. if they dropped you to 99 then you would instantly eligible for placement matches again when clearly you need to develop a bit more skill.

BksOnMyJock

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by snadam View Post
i believe i've seen this answered elsewhere. This is my understanding.

You have a 3 match grace period after bumping up a tier, in which losses don't drop you below zero. if you are still on a loosing streak after that grace period the system figures you got lucky and drops you down to the previous tier. It sets you at 50 since you've already proven to be competent at this tier but not quote good enough to be playing at the next tier. if they dropped you to 99 then you would instantly eligible for placement matches again when clearly you need to develop a bit more skill.
i would just think that they would just drop you down to 75 or something. But this is the first time ive heard about the grace period. Im still not sure as to how it works tho :/ learning new things everyday about this ranked system.