How can I make my towers not explode.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mekeji

02-04-2013

Every time there is a game with a Yi in it the whole match goes normally and even if the Yi has been dead a lot they still end up drilling through all the towers when your team is winning and next thing you know a lane loses all of it's towers in 5 minutes.

I can counter Yi easily in combat with a thorn mail, Frozen heart, and Cho'Gath's rupture and feral scream but his ability vs towers is ridiculous and there is no way to counter it other than dedicating the whole team but then you can't attack their towers. This happens even if you are winning by a massive margin.

I was in a game where we had a team member feeding and the other team had 40 kills and we had 10. Then Yi just ran forward and crashed through all the towers and we won but I didn't consider it a win. Doing that is just cheap and is no way to win. I even tried it on a week that Yi was free and I found doing it was so easy a toddler could do it.

Is there any way to stop this or should I just take any game that has a Yi in it as a joke and not even try? Aka every 5v5 for the past week.

I have researched other things that seemed op and found they normally have a reasonable counter but this just doesn't have one and is something keeping me from spending real money on this game.

lmmortality

02-04-2013

Lol, yi. Hes next to never seen at lvl 30 play. Any cc shuts him down easily. If he builds ap, hes more of a pain but still real easy to kill. I think you mean split pushing is what he is doing. You dont send ur team after one person. Just send one person to stop him. Talk to me more innmy chat tomorrow "glhfgg"

Mekeji

02-04-2013

Alright. So it is an issue that my team is just awful.

I would go deal with him myself but every time I leave my team's ball of champs they tend to fall apart and die then yell at poor old Cho'Gath for not being there to soak up damage and silence the enemy team.

Every time I sent another champ at him the person ended up pushing him back for a few seconds but died in the end every time. I tend to end up in matches where I am the only one with any CC other than some champs having a pull in ability.

What is even worse is when I tell someone who has it to CC and then in the chat they just put ? and don't have a clue what I am saying. Almost as annoying as people not knowing how to SS and Re.

It is nice to know that once I get to 30 I most likely won't have to deal with Yi. I used to main WW so I would just use him to out last him in a fight and now I have to lock him down and silence him with Cho while I get him low enough to eat him.

Also on a side note. How is Kha'zix? I was thinking of getting him. I just have a small check list to figure out if I will like the champ.
1. Can he do decent harass through the laning phase?
2. Is he competitive but still require a lot of skill to use properly?
3. Can he reliably gain gold either through high ability to farm or good ability to go in and out of the jungle?
4. Will he support the team or is it more of a solo champ?
5. Does he have CC and if not can he at least compensate with something that makes him harder to hit?
6. Any other info would be appreciated.

TehomCD

02-05-2013

What Yi is doing is called splitpushing if he has creeps, or backdooring if he's killing towers by surprise without a minion wave. Yi's fragility makes it pretty hard for him to destroy a tower from full without a minion wave being there, so what's mostly happening is he's exploiting the tendency of new players to not be very good about knowing when they can safely push out lanes, stop split pushes, or ward.

Split pushing becomes very dangerous in higher level play (though still a very important tactic), because people will push out lanes naturally, ward more, and collapse instantly on people if they're pushing too far and unable to escape. There's three ways to deal with split pushing: send a single person to defend who can stop them, collapse on them with multiple people and kill them, or push hard with the rest of your team and force a teamfight - if you can crush the rest of their team while someone is split pushing, you can often take a far more valuable objective, like baron or an inhibitor, or even win the game outright.

As far as Kha'zix goes, he's very strong right now - he's still a frequent ban in ranked play due to his strength even after his recent nerfs.

1. Sort of. He has extremely good poke for an assassin due to his evolved W, but that's something that happens later in laning. His early game is fairly weak.
2. Very much so. Mechanically, he's not all that complicated, but knowing when to go in to fights on him and landing skill shots is crucial, as well as abusing tricks like ducking in and out of vision in order to trigger his passive.
3. Yes. He's a very strong farmer with his evolved W.
4. More solo. He can do an AE slow with his evolved W triggering his passive, but he's all about killing the bejesus out of the enemy team's carries.
5. Very light CC, only a slow from his passive. The stealth from his ult and his evolved E can make him extremely difficult to lock down later in the game. He's a very powerful lategame champ.
6. Kha'zix has been seen very often in tournament play, you can probably find a lot of examples from videos-on-demand of recent tournaments to see how people play him. Manamune/muramana isn't an uncommon item on him due to his extremely strong poke with his W, but that's something that depends on the game: you'll need to tailor your build a bit to what your team needs. Kha'zix is strong as a mid, toplane, or jungle.