Groove lost, looking for help getting it back.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

wrsthnsatn667

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2013

As this says, I lost my groove, like the Emperor. I don't like to blame my teammates, but it got a LOT harder to carry with the new ranked system. It used to be easy, but I guess I've just lost my groove. I was a low gold caliber player, and now I can't keep up with the ability needed to carry silvers anymore. Idk what I lost, but I'd love some help finding it.

wrsthnsatn667

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2013

Still looking for help

YoungGoN4v5

02-05-2013

Perhaps you were never really gold you just lucked into it?

MicKretz

02-05-2013

well i can help you try to think of the worst case and yet best case scenario...

either your teammates are just derping so hard that u cant carry and there is absolutely nothing you can do cuz the other team is just good enough to pull off the win despite your efforts to carry

or

you think you used to carry games but in fact your teammates carried you all the way to that gold status and now those carry teammates are gone.

thats the two extremes i can see, now lets focus on the "in between"...

season 3 has literally changed LoL completely diff from the first two seasons, therefore you may not be adapting to the changes as well as other players are

Ranked has change just enough that i feel more ppl are playing it now then they did in the elo system, causing players who arent so good to play more, and causing players who are good to keep playing without fear of losing elo (instead of stopping after a 2-3 game winning streak) and also causing average players to say, "instead of normals, lets do some rank" making the games a bit harder to carry cuz, in a sense, there are more decent players in rank and less trolls

anywho...just how i look at things according to what you typed down....maybe some of that rings true...hopefully not the extreme where you were carried to gold

gl and hf mate, hope you do better in ranked

adc

Master Recruiter

02-05-2013

1% of all players at 1200 Elo will have been Gold at some point.

YoungGoN4v5

02-05-2013

1% of all 1100 elo's lucked into gold at some point*

wrsthnsatn667

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moridin the Hurt View Post
1% of all 1100 elo's lucked into gold at some point*
Well this I know. I haven't been sub 1400 in quite some time (Excluding one game where it dropped be to 1395 til I won the next game). I did notice that when I play Eve I roam less than I used to when I'd poop on people, so that's pretty big.

For the most part I just think my team is dying more and I'm not sure how I can handle it. When I'm Eve it's easy cause nobody pinks, so free kills. When I'm not someone who can stealth it's a bit harder. I wouldn't say I hard carried ALL of my games, I usually co-carried, and only sometimes did my back hurt.

I'm usually okay when my teammates die 1-2 times, but when bottom lane dies 7 times to Graves, then I guess I just no longer know how to adjust. Any suggestions on how to improve carrying ability for frequent deaths on the team? I don't yell at them, I try using suggestions and positive reinforcements, but that only gets so far, and some people just don't take any advice well regardless of presentation.

MicKretz

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrsthnsatn667 View Post
but when bottom lane dies 7 times to Graves, then I guess I just no longer know how to adjust.
well one thing to do diff is use CAPLOCKS..so instead of saying,"stop feeding" it will say,"STOP FEEDING".....thats one thing i learned to adjust to at those points mhauhuahauhuahuahuhau

but if u are playing a mid laner....push your lane up and instead of going back to buy, head bot (or top) and gank/help your team (even burning an enemy flash could help your lane out)

gl mate

DuskDodgers

02-05-2013

Quote:
but if u are playing a mid laner....push your lane up and instead of going back to buy, head bot (or top) and gank/help your team (even burning an enemy flash could help your lane out)
This is so true because what tends to happen in the other lanes, is they end up positioning themselves really badly whether they have vision or not, so you can help your team do better by roaming or at the very least it will pressure them.

wrsthnsatn667

02-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicKretz View Post

gl mate
Well yeah, I try this when I can. What about if the enemy team has wards, and they know to run back? Then my time was wasted if nothing was burned. I may have reduced the pressure miniscually but at soon as I leave, it will continue o.O