How to solo top Sucessfully

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LordBenjawk

02-04-2013

Hello, someone please could help me by teaching me or telling me how to solo top in 5vs5 succesfully? i need help please D:

Curo Arcane

02-04-2013

The best way to start is to play passively and only get aggressive on the enemy champion when they pass the minion wave and start attacking you. If you try and go for kills in a lane that you are unfamiliar with, the enemy will always have a natural edge on you. Just let them make the mistakes, let them put themselves out of position.

If you are going to push, make sure you ward the river. And if you feel you are losing your lane hard, ward the tri-bush to warn against incoming ganks.

Number one rule is "have patience". You aren't going to know how much damage an enemy Riven can output until you have played against her several times. These are the things I learned when I started playing top.

Also know your matchups. There are very few even matchups top lane, so pick correctly or get dominated. I started with Fiora top, which was a terrible idea for me since there are very few champs she can lane well against. Now I am playing Elise, since she has the advantage most of the time. In time, I will learn the enemy champions well, and be able to play more of a variety of champs top.

Also I hear pushing when the enemy leaves lane is a good thing to do. It forces them to come back to lane, rather than roam around and kill your allies.

Aamon2500

02-04-2013

The best way in my opinion is to play passively and pick a champ with high sustain. When ever i solo top i use Nasus, Garen, Warwick or Pantheon. Like Curo said if you do push ward river to avoid unexpected ganks.

Anrui

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aamon2500 View Post
The best way in my opinion is to play passively and pick a champ with high sustain. When ever i solo top i use Nasus, Garen, Warwick or Pantheon. Like Curo said if you do push ward river to avoid unexpected ganks.
Yorick is one of the best top sustain champs out there, and he can do a surprising amount of damage.