Is it me or is the new tier system like the education system?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nid is Cancer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2013

Where you will advance up to a final test (exam) and if you fail you go back and do it again?

anata ga mori

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2013

I suppose it is. We know Riot hired people to socially engineer certain behaviors, so is it really surprising?

Halcione

02-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppaMan View Post
Where you will advance up to a final test (exam) and if you fail you go back and do it again?
What country's educational system is this if I may ask? Because that sounds kind of reasonable.

Nothing wrong with it really, just because you fail to promote to plat 5 does not mean you don't belong in gold 1, so you get sent back there and you can try again once you make the system believe you have the skills to pass the promotion next time.

Bekkal

02-22-2013

If you're wondering if an assessment is similar to an assessment, the answer is yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcione View Post
What country's educational system is this if I may ask? Because that sounds kind of reasonable.
Every developed country.

Teraxe

02-22-2013

Really
NCLB

Renegade Talon

02-22-2013

If your grades depended on the results of the four dumbest people in the room you would never go anywhere

GreekAsTheGods

02-22-2013

The main different is that when people start the educational system they intend to learn and get better, whereas LoL players at the bottom think they deserve to be at the top and don't learn anything or get better because they think they're already pro level.

Indekkusutaku

02-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bekkal View Post
If you're wondering if an assessment is similar to an assessment, the answer is yes.

Every developed country.
Ever heard of this thing called homework, that for some reason beyond me you get points for?
Nearly every educational system I've ever come across gives so much weight to it that failing to understand the material and thus failing the examinations doesn't matter, hell I'm in college now and only half my classes base grades solely on mastery of the material. Much in the same way the number of games you have played at your tier/division shouldn't matter for moving onto the next level, if you have the skill to advance you will, it's as simple as that, and quite frankly I wish the OP was right and educational systems actually operated on the same principal instead of running rampant with grade padding-- passing those who don't deserve to pass.

VVL Ebah

02-22-2013

theres no one to cheat off of tho, bc every1 is stupider than you