@ All Developers at Riot Games

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CieloPrimo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2013

I'm just learning about software development. (Just started schooling for it a few weeks ago.) I was wondering if you follow Lehman's laws, and specifically this one

"Lehmanís fifth law is concerned with the change increments in each system
release. Adding new functionality to a system inevitably introduces new system
faults. The more functionality added in each release, the more faults there will be.
Therefore, a large increment in functionality in one system release means that this
will have to be followed by a further release in which the new system faults are
repaired. Relatively little new functionality should be included in this release. This
law suggests that you should not budget for large functionality increments in each
release without taking into account the need for fault repair.".

You guys release a new patch to this game nearly every single week, boasting either new champions, skins, items, balance changes, whatever it may be. So many things are constantly changing in this game, I guess what I'm wondering, is how you guys keep track of all these changes and keep the faults at a minimum. I know such things as the PBE help, and I know that somethings slip through, etc. More specifically what I'm asking is, is there some secret technique/programs you guys have that prevents tumbling on top of your own selves after having so many changes to the game? Although i may rage and sometimes hate what happens to me in this game, I always find the technical side of it and what you guys do to be amazing. SO YEAH.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kiwibonga

02-04-2013

I'd like to redirect you here http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...3055869&page=1
As most of the programmers are posting in that particular thread.