I was really excited for this new ranked system.....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Volvagia oot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2013

Until I started playing it, and realized that even though I am in the gold IV tier, I am getting matched with bronze tier players, and not only that, but the bronze person is the leader somehow, and I am fourth pick.

I thought if I was gold tier, i would play with other gold tiers, wasn't that the whole idea, play with people at the same skill level as you are? It really isn't any fun when I am trying to support a carry that doesn't know how to position, kite, etc. And just rages and blames everyone else.

I am finding it impossible to climb to the promotion level, because everytime I win a few games, somebody comes in, calls a role they have no idea how to do, and feeds and loses the game.

I really hope this gets fixed sometime in the near future, the old system was better than this.....

ClatoVerataNicto

02-04-2013

You are still matched my your elo, now called MMR (matchmaking rating i think). From my understanding it is possibly to be matched outside of your league/tier.

Volvagia oot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2013

And what determines your MMR? I was 1630 elo at the start of this whole change, now it feels like they threw me back to 1k elo just for the fun of it. At lease with the old system the worst I would get is like a low 1500 elo, not a 1200

ClatoVerataNicto

02-04-2013

I thought MMR was essentially ELO. I'm not an expert, just trying to piece together things I've read in different posts. I imagine like any huge change, they are ironing out kinks. Hopefully a red, @yegg ,sees this to verify if this is really happening. If it's that bad, perhaps stay out of ranked for a few days while they continue to tweak it.

My experience during my placement matches has generally been evenly matched teams. I've been happy so far.

Edit: I checked a couple of your ADC from your lolking match history. They look about the same as you. Maybe a little lower.