E or W first For support lux

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wayward Sword

02-04-2013

Do you mean what to max or first skill to take?

First skill always Q.

What to max is trickier, Q if you need a lower cooldown, E if you want to zone bettter. I find the shield pretty lackluster even when you have AP, let alone when you're scraping the bottom of the barrel as support, but that's preference for me really.

Skilliard

02-04-2013

need one point in the q to keep your adc safe via snare.

Then max E>W

Put more into w if there's an easy to block/predict spell on the opponent like caitlyn's ultimate.

VeRisiMiLaR

02-04-2013

Q

InusAngel

02-04-2013

I max E first if im mid and W first if i support lux Q is always last

Naezma

02-04-2013

STUNS if you are looking forward to team combat (or support).
Your slow lasts longer than your stun though, and it has AoE.. So if you're going 1-on-1 mid lane you want to get this first.

BrightNooblar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2013

Depends on the lane really. If you can start feeding kills with the pool, max that. If you're getting poked a lot, get the shield.

Alcowpwn

02-04-2013

Q first and then W and E. Don't max W too fast because her shield is just mediocre. Her Q and E are her true support abilities as you can snare/slow with them from really far away.

Ryios

02-04-2013

Defintely Q, landing a root for your adc to attack freely at level 1 is worth way more than the slow on e or the shiled on w. You still get illumination procs on q. Keep in mind, it's a root, not a stun, they can still attack you if you get in range. This combo works best with an adc with long range like cait or kogmaw, because lux has really long range on q and e as well.

Xengre

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atreiyu View Post
E
I agree with this... more reliable damage for anti support + ADC bot, wave clear if ADC is away from tower during large wave, team fight potential is much higher then Q.

Maxing Q leaves you with less reliable dmg for a very weak CD reduction on Q, weak enough to likely not make a difference if you are full in and if you are spamming every second it is off CD in lane you likey will OOM or the enemy sucks if they are getting caught THAT much. Team fight its use is much more limited... you likely will only get one off and the overall impact of having a max lv Q vs a lv 1 Q is pretty negligible compared to say a lv 1 E vs lv 5 E. Keeping Q at lower level also means far lower mana cost compared to maxing it first.

Armorgen

02-04-2013

Q is the best to start with