@Riot Yegg - Rating system feedback / ideas

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OneAlmond

02-04-2013

Not sure you guys read this forum, as you may be too busy with the people complaining in general discussion, but I'd like to share my thoughts on the new rating system so you guys can get another piece of data to see if you're satisfying your user case, which compared to other online game companies, you guys actually care about (which is awesome )

If you'd like me to explain some stuff further, just post and I will break down my reasoning.

The Really Awesome:

1. You can easily tell where you compare to your friends.
  2. Advancing up or down really feels significant compared to the older system.
  3. You can see what popular winning champions are at your level of play.
  4. It seems really easy to move up within a division.
  5. Until you start your advancement series, and lose a few games to trolls/griefers, it's not as scary as ranked used to be. However, during the advancement series, the opposite is true.
  6. Less Queue Dodges before a game starts (Had a record of 6 last semester.)
  7. You didn't nerf Irelia!

The Not So Good:
  1. Trolls have more power under the new system. Specifically during advancement series.
  2. Ranked still feels, at least at bronze & silver levels, less based on personal skill and more on which team does not have a griefer.

Would Still Like to See:
  1. More far-reaching troll / griefer / dc'er management options. While this will not impact your "more skilled" userbase, it would have a significant impact for your newer / advancing players.
  2. More control over champion lane select. Perhaps using a graph to pair up people who are least likely to argue about lanes ?

All in all, it's a pretty neat new system, but I really feel that more could be done to make it more based on the individual players' skill rather than, at lower levels, a coin flip to see who got the team with griefers. I'm sure that if you look over how people grief in LoL, and why people dislike it/ how helpless they feel about it, you may find a way to fix this in the future. Definitely excited for what you rioters have in store for us this season!

Almond

OneAlmond

02-05-2013

bump with update:

Here's the result of my series:

Game "0" - My last game before the series, I played duo with a friend who is in silver. Beat the enemy team easily, but it was actually a close game. It was actually worth being called a "game". (also congrats to my friend on his penta.)

Game 1. Volunteered to be support since Draven said he was "Amazing" as carry. Lost Due to Draven and Akali running into the enemy tower with them under it a total of 12 times each. - How is this a judgment of my skill to advance to silver?

Game 2 - We were actually winning the game until bottom lane along with Darius convinced everyone (except for myself and the other skilled player) to target the tanks first instead of the carry and mid.

Game 3 - Went 3 - 0 -3 in mid with about a 70 cs lead over their mid, until our jungler fed 8 kills to their carry and jungler. Then I proceeded to die 7 times trying to defend home base while my team decided to not group together even when it was apparent that the enemy team was 4 man diving us.

As you can see, it is essentially a coin flip. Those lucky to not get stuck with people who do troll/griefing things will win and move on to the next level. Those who don't will get a really really bad feeling about League, as I just did. The exact feeling is one of being completely powerless, despite knowing how to play well.

Please do something about this Riot. It is not what the single queue should be about. In my own opinion, single queue should be about the individual player's skill, not about who gets a loss due to matchmaking.

lFalse Kingl

02-07-2013

I have nothing positive to say.

>single queue should be about the individual player's skill<

The matchmaking needs to start matching players equally. Hard to get far when your elo is determine by the team you are put with and not how good you do.

jaybay123

02-07-2013

here here false

Tál

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lFalse Kingl View Post
I have nothing positive to say.

>single queue should be about the individual player's skill<

The matchmaking needs to start matching players equally. Hard to get far when your elo is determine by the team you are put with and not how good you do.
This is exactly the opposite of what single queue is. If you want individual player skill, go play COD of BF3. Its how well you can cooperate with teammates, how well you can teamfight, how well you can coordinate. There's probably a reason you are stuck in the league you are in. It's simply because you think the game is all about you and the other teammates are just a drag on your uber skills.