New Ranked

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Snnow

02-04-2013

Losing your last game you need for promotion because some non english speaking person in the game can't talk with the other 4 people can't understand him, then feeds bot lane...gg.

I really wish there was a way Riot could tear down this language barrier. It really hurts the game for people who can't speak spanish.

WDine 0110 1001

02-04-2013

misleading title - this has nothing to do with the new ranked system, language barrier has always existed

Snnow

02-04-2013

I wouldn't say misleading at all, I'm not a fan of the ranked. I didn't know this was COD now and we had to have ladders to climb out of. Thing is, COD matches aren't 45-60 mins long so their ladders make sense. Losing that game, forced me to play another at least 3 games, and they have to be wins. It's just super discouraging when you are like RIGHT there about to go up to the next ladder, and some kid messes it all up for you.

WDine 0110 1001

02-04-2013

i understand your pain, but you would have lost elo because of that one kid in the previous ranked system too. i don't know much about COD ladders but SC2 utilises this very system too.

i haven't played the new ranked yet but in SC2, if you're winning a bit more than 50% of your games, you're doing a good job. you gain more points for beating a favoured opponent as opposed to an evenly matched one. similarly, you lose more points for getting beaten when you are favoured as opposed to when you lose to an evenly matched opponent.

also, believe me when i say i've had troubles with the whole language barrier thing too. to top it off, most of these guys are more stubborn when you try to help and take it really personally when you try and help (ie. start raging, trolling and all that bs)

TLDR; keep trying and as long as you win a bit more than 50% of your games, you'll be fine. I feel your pain with the language barrier issue