What should be done to the Locket of the Iron Solari?

Buff it 8 61.54%
Leave it alone 4 30.77%
Nerf it 1 7.69%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Locket of the Iron Solari- buff needed?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

deMuslim

Recruiter

02-04-2013

Let's check it out.

Stats:

+400 Health
+35 Armor
+10% Cooldown Reduction
+10 Health Regen per 5 seconds

UNIQUE Active: Grants a shield to nearby allies for 5 seconds that absorbs up to 50 + (10 per level) damage (60 second cooldown).

Obviously this is a support item, and in terms of the idea, this is a GREAT item. The cooldown reduction allows for better sustain during team fights, and the other stats give the supports sustains for themselves. But let's do the numbers on the active. In the mid-game (lets say around the time the support is level 10), it will absorb 150 damage for the team. At this time, the carries probably haven't gotten too fed or farmed and the bruisers are probably in an equal position. 150 damage is quite substantial and could swing a team fight. What about the late game? The support gets to level 18 and when activated, this item can absorb 230 damage in total per person. In other words, it is quite unsubstantial. For an item that has a 60 second cooldown, it can obviously only be cast once per fight. 230 damage is not enough to even shield one hit from an AD carry, much less a spell from the AP carry. Who agrees with me- should this item be buffed slightly for the late game? I think it needs a bit more strength on the active.

InGame Protocol

02-04-2013

They should buff the base shield, and lower the scale on the shield. Problem solved

13ann3d4l1f3

02-04-2013

the utility of blocking aoe dmg is what makes it a good item

otherwise u can stack them / get a double shield

but either way stats are more important, its on use is just another way of mitigating ANY dmg

which is much better off than having gone reverie or zekes? usually u have to choose

extra damage/ the chase/ or the turtle

deMuslim

Recruiter

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13ann3d4l1f3 View Post
the utility of blocking aoe dmg is what makes it a good item

otherwise u can stack them / get a double shield
It's a unique passive. It can't be activated at the same time; if you had two lockets on your team I think that would be a waste of an item.

Hastur Annie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2013

It soaks that damage for the whole team. So, that's about 1000 damage soaked. This can absorb a good portion of one enemy ultimate (say, an entire Syndra ult's worth of damage, if its damage split up among people, a good portion of an amumu ult...etc). Similarly, if you consider this damage, 1000 damage is about 2-3 lich bane procs (factoring MR) or a dfg active, or something like that.

Eh. My numbers may not be the most accurate but you know what I mean. 1000 damage shield is actually quite a bit :O