Nerfs to Nunu, none to Taric?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nid is Cancer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2013

TL;DR Random comparisons, but Taric and Nunu are really alike, it makes no sense to nerf the one nobody has mentioned in the past year and keep the one that has constantly seen plays and domination strong.

Cmon. Taric has become the staple support for every tourney and game. Nunu is like an altered version of Taric, taric being stun and armor/heals as well as AD buff, whereas Nunu is Attack speed and movespeed buffs.

However, you are taking movespeed and attack speed away from blood boil and reducing duration. Yet Taric still has a armor buff that can also reduce the enemies Armor? I mean come on. Thats like what Nunu has in Blood Boil/Ice Ball but in one spell and focusing on Armor. Yet Taric also has a range stun.

I mean all of this doesnt really make sense, but Taric and Nunu are really alike and it doesnt make sense to nerf the one that is getting less attention and nobody is really complaining about. Nunu has always been easy to shut down, if you can make sure he is silenced at least his ult becomes worthless, yet Taric continues with a reliable damage source that provides an insanely good amount of AD and AP for his team.

Oh, and his ult is also half the CD.

BETTER NERF NUNU

Narssisstic

02-04-2013

Taric's too truly outrageous to nerf.

PlsStahp

02-04-2013

They're two completely different supports... lol.

But I do agree that Taric warrants nerfs more than most of the other supports atm.

Beatrix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlsStahp View Post
They're two completely different supports... lol.

But I do agree that Taric warrants nerfs more than most of the other supports atm.
That's because all of the other supports have already been nerfed.

Fat Mchugelarge

02-04-2013

I welcome support Taric nerfs if they end up buffing taric's other roles (Jungle and top).

Micalas

02-04-2013

Don't worry, because he'll be a more popular pick, they'll nerf him soon. Then another support will get popular and subsequently nerfed. Then another support will get popular and subsequently nerfed. Then another support will get popular and subsequently nerfed. Then another support will get popular and subsequently nerfed.

K G Morder

02-04-2013

How about not. he's fine as is, it's the other supports that could use a buff.

basically he's the only support not nerfed to the ground.

Except since his last nerf his heal on allies has been kind of weak, particularly early to mid game, where it starts picking up the pace.

Nimrook

02-04-2013

Taric is a lane bully. That's it. Nunu was basically a free win if the game hit the 40 minute mark.

Speed Racer

02-04-2013

Taric is not made of glass, he can not be shattered.

ZerglingOne

02-04-2013

I think the reason for the other supports getting nerfed was lost on most people.

They were nerfed because they did just as well if not better than most mages that are considered on the strong side in the mid lane.

This was never intended as their abilities are meant to be strong whether or not they have farm. Taric is less prone to this because he's melee and has no real nuke that he can use outside of melee range, and his stun is on long enough of a CD that it's hard to really call it OP as anything other than a support spell.

Add on top of this that to nuke he has to weaken his own armor.

As it stands, Taric is what a support is supposed to be.

On the Nunu nerfs: Riot has basically said over the past year or so that buffs that have 100% up time without any investment are more or less toxic. Hence the nerfs to Kayle's E, Kog's W, and now Nunu's Bloodboil.