This New Ranking System Needs Work.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xRealNinjuzx

02-04-2013

So, for the last 2 days, I have been doing nothing but playing ranked. Had some time off, why not.

So I win 5 consecutive games. Rad. Feeling good. Get to my best of 3 (Silver, 5th tier). 2 straight stomps. Back down to like 40 or 60 points or whatever. Takes me all day to get back into my best of 3. I won like 3 or 4 in a row, win my first best of 3, lose the 2nd, win the 3rd. Hooray! On to Silver IV. I win my first game and get 24 points. I lose the 2nd, down to 4 points. Lose the 3rd, down to 0 points. Lose again, right back into Silver V with 50 points. Now, I won 1 and lost 3 in my new division and was immediately expelled back to Silver V, where it will take me a minimum of 6 consecutive games to get back (supposing I don't lose, then god help me).

Why is it frustratingly difficult to move up, but obnoxiously easy to get dropped back down? I find it hard to have the motivation to continue playing ranked when it's NES Ninja Gaiden difficult to move up.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Paul Smenis

02-04-2013

Same with me, I started in Bronze III, though I can assure you I don't belong there, just by the sheer amount of time I put into learning League of legends I should at least be somewhere in silver, but w.e. I just lose over and over and over, now in Bronze V. I can't even seem to get team mates who want to try hard enough and work together to win, yet those are the only opposing players I seem to face. I feel like I'm stuck with 800 elo players, yet matched up with 1300...