Lythos the Reaper of the Sands!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ïEdge

02-04-2013

The Champion:

Lythos the Reaper of the Sands
Health: 420 (+80)
Health regen: 5 (+0.7)
Mana: 250 (+50)
Mana regen: 6.3 (+0.7)
Range: 125
Attack Damage: 55 (+3.5)
Attack speed: 0.646 (+3.5%)
Armor: 16 (+3.1)
Magic resist: 30 (+1.2)

Abilities and quick notes:

Passive:
Lythos analyzes the vital points of his opponents, allowing all his abilities to criticaly strike and have a bonus effect when do so.
Note: the critical strike chance is applied after the ap ratio modifiers.

Fury of the Sands [Q]
Lythos sends a blade-shaped like sand projectile that deals 80/110/150/200/250 (+0.5 ap) magic damage in a line. Dealing 5% less damage for each unit it passes through.
Critical strike bonus: silences all enemies hit by 0.5/1/1.5/2/2.5 seconds.
Cost: 80/100/120/140/160 mana
Cooldown: 8 seconds
Range: 800
Note: the critical strike chance is checked for each enemy who takes damage.

Quicksand [W]
Creates an area of quicksand that lasts for 5 seconds. Deals 20/30/40/50/60 (+0.4 ap) magic damage to enemies each second and slow them by 20/25/30/35/40% for 1 second.
Critical strike bonus: the slow effect is double.
Mana cost: 60/70/80/90/100 mana
Cooldown: 12 seconds
Range to Center of AoE: 700
Diameter of AoE: 400
Note: the critical strike chance is checked for each time the enemy takes damage.

Sandstorm [E]
Throws a sand blast at the target dealing 60/75/90/105/120 (+0.4 ap) magic damage.
Critical strike bonus: reduces the armor and magic resist of the target by 15/20/25/30/35 for 5 seconds.
Mana cost: 75
Cooldown: 10 seconds.
Range: 700

Earthcrusher [R]
After a channel of 3 seconds, Lythos calls forth the primordial force of the sands allowing him to create a tunnel between his current location and a target destination. Enemies in the center of target destination take 170/250/350 (+0.5 ap) and are knocked up for 1.5 seconds. Enemies away from the center decaying down to 40% and are slowed by 70%. Allies can use the tunnel to quickly travel through both locations.
Critical strike bonus: Deals 10% of target's max health as bonus physical damage.
Range to Center of AoE: 5500 (same as TF and Pantheon)
Diameter of AoE: 750
Cooldown: 250/200/150

So... how to build him?

Starting items would be flask + pots or some other standard set.

As for core items, I'll probably go for Sword of the Divine, Infinity Edge and some sort of high-ap item (Rabadon's Deathcap?)
SotD allows all Lythos' abilities to criticaly hit for 3 seconds since the active only counts on auto attack criticals. This gives him an enormous potential of burst.

From that, you could probably go for standard Ap builds.

Thoughts:

The champion itself:
Not much to be said there. My main point to putting him as a meelee champion and don't give him any gap closers (except ult) is to prevent people from going some sort of ad carry WHILE making full use of his abilities damage and bonus effects.
You may think the base damages are a little low, but remember that damage can crit dealing 200% (or 250% if you have IE) of their original dmg. I've also put high cooldowns to make him more of a burst champion instead of a sustain dmg.
Numbers just illustrative

Fury of the Sands:
I've put a high mana cost on this for how much damage it is capable of doing if it crits. And since you'll probably be rushing SotD, the poke dmg would be just too damn high.
Also, this is a linear skill-shot that passes through units.
The silence is to illustrate the ability as an attack against the target's throat.

Quicksand
Just some sort of DoT and AoE CC...

Sandstorm
A target ability...

Earthcrusher
The travel mechanic would be like Thresh's lantern, but instead of a dash, it would be like a blink/teleport and could be used by more than one person.
This ult would be like Pantheon's (channel for 1.5seconds, "warning" to enemy team for 1.5seconds.), but instead of falling from the sky, he would emerge from the ground xD.

Final Notes

I'd like to hear what you guys think about it ^^
Also, this is my first topic like this, please be reasonable T_T

Forlon

02-04-2013

I don't like wasting my time on fantasizing champions.

JoeDerp

02-04-2013

I really like the concept of bonus effects that come with the criticals.
Though, he doesn't really seem to have a passive at all.
Perhaps just make the ability to crit with a bonus effect part of the skill itself, and give him an entirely new passive?

Also, have you come up with any manner of appearance for him yet?

ïEdge

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDerp View Post
I really like the concept of bonus effects that come with the criticals.
Though, he doesn't really seem to have a passive at all.
Perhaps just make the ability to crit with a bonus effect part of the skill itself, and give him an entirely new passive?
I don't know...
Beign able to do twice as much dmg on your magic abilities seems really strong to me. I feel that if I give him anything more for free, that would make him really op x_x
Also, I consider passive abilities to be the signature of a champion. Lythos would be a magical damage that criticaly strikes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDerp View Post
Also, have you come up with any manner of appearance for him yet?
Not yet.
Working on it though.

masterplum

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2013

I find most people's ideas are terrible in these topics, but your idea is kind of neat. Wouldn't mind this champ

ïEdge

02-05-2013

Bump

JPlayah

02-05-2013

Riot should have contests once in a while for people to input their ideas on champs.

Master Anubis

02-05-2013

I think his W and R is way to OP the W applys crits on every tick thus having them all slowed by double. His R sounds good and all but i dont think allies should be able to use it

ïEdge

02-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AS1 Anubis View Post
I think his W and R is way to OP the W applys crits on every tick thus having them all slowed by double. His R sounds good and all but i dont think allies should be able to use it
His W is an AoE similar to Morgana's with about the same area
If you're not able to target it right in the enemy champion, they can just walk away from it (there is nothing preventing you from leaving the AoE aside from that slow)
The base dmg I think it's ok, but now that I made some calculations, I think the ap ratio on it is a little too high (with 100 ap and the ability at lv 1, you do 160 dmg per critical on it). I'm lowering it to +0.4

The reason I made his R be able to be used by allies is for him to give the team some utility.
If I made it as allies cannot use it, there will be no reason to pick Lythos over TF (tf has a better wave clear, poke, CC, just has to build ap to be effective and does not go OOM as easily)
Also, making a "teleport" for your team is something really unique.
It has a high cooldown, so it's not something you'll be using everytime. (more than 4minutes at lv 6, about 3 minutes at lv 11 and 2.5 minutes at lv 16)

@Edit
For you people who are downvoting, I ask you guys to at least give some feedback as the guy above @_@