Ap Master Yi

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cevonis

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The PKK Revenge View Post
He doesn't really need nerfed...though it's true that he can still Medatank to a point. I mean they even had him tank 3 people and dragon in the video they did for the patch. Though he didn't heal back to full so the change was obvious.

I've notice something though...people on the forums complain about every champ that has any kind of reset and is calling them OP. Yi and Kat seem to be the main one, both are squshy and countered heavily by CC. Kat has been built tanky lately but yeah, I already gave my thoughts about that on a different thread.

While the reset function might be frustrating, the facts are that you can stop that with CC. Not only that, but to get the reset they have to clean up pretty much. I don't think either Kat or Yi do as much in a team fight as other mids do. You have to already be losing the team fight for them to clean up. Even if you won the team fight, your team would have to be low health for them to get the reset. And from what I've seen, most games where the mid is Yi or Kat then those team fights end up being a 4v5 with them coming in when the fight is done.

Yes they can reset, yes this means that can get multiple kills. But there are down sides to even having them on the team. If it's really that much of a problem then buy a GA. No kill means no reset.
I didn't even know Yi had a reset, i've never played him, don't own him and have never been interested in him.

My biggest problem with him is not the champion but the players exploiting his design. Meditate was designed for sustain not for tank. It really shouldn't scale with anything tbh, and is probably best to be reworked into something else but i feel reworking it is wrong because his kit makes him unique. Just make it so you can't meditank, like add something that if being attacked the heal amount is reduced by X% and make turrets interrupt his heal.

The PKK Revenge

02-05-2013

I had a slight problem with his meditate before, but that was because I played against one in blind pick, I had no CC, and despite the fact that I was a burst mid and used ignite on him, he still healed to full. Only AP Yi can medatank and given that he only has that and his Q...I don't have that much of a problem with it. And given what I've seen so far, now if he meditates and you ignite him, I don't think he'll be able to heal to full which means you have more of a chance of killing him when he comes out of it.

I don't think a lot of people realize it but the healing isn't really the problem. It wasn't before and I don't think it is the problem people have with him now. It's more to do with how much armor he gains while healing. Making it almost impossible to kill him, unless you use CC. I'll admit he's annoying, but that's all he is really. Just annoying, nothing worthy of a nerf.

Just CC him and if you can't do that, then either walk away while he heals or ignite him and wait until he's done healing then kill him.

Cevonis

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The PKK Revenge View Post
I had a slight problem with his meditate before, but that was because I played against one in blind pick, I had no CC, and despite the fact that I was a burst mid and used ignite on him, he still healed to full. Only AP Yi can medatank and given that he only has that and his Q...I don't have that much of a problem with it. And given what I've seen so far, now if he meditates and you ignite him, I don't think he'll be able to heal to full which means you have more of a chance of killing him when he comes out of it.

I don't think a lot of people realize it but the healing isn't really the problem. It wasn't before and I don't think it is the problem people have with him now. It's more to do with how much armor he gains while healing. Making it almost impossible to kill him, unless you use CC. I'll admit he's annoying, but that's all he is really. Just annoying, nothing worthy of a nerf.

Just CC him and if you can't do that, then either walk away while he heals or ignite him and wait until he's done healing then kill him.
he gets armor while healing?! again i don't play him so i wouldn't know. if so, then just get rid of the bonus armor and/or just make him weaker while healing. it should be that he might be able to meditank ONE person and at least stay about the same health. If there is two he should just run.

I don't have too much trouble with Yi because at least 1 person has CC and uses it on him but there are those times when you don't take ignite and don't have CC. prime example: Shyvana has no CC or slow so she needs exaust, if she is played as a jungler she will need smite. You can see the problem with this, you can't gank Yi. Other than Shyvana's ult she can't deal with the meditate. a lot of champions can't deal with yi's meditate unless they wast an ult, and if they are unlucky that can get them killed or hold off team fights that needed that ult to initiate or whatever.

PerfidiousAlbion

02-05-2013

It was so obvious that people weren't going to stop complaining about Yi's heal even though it's scaling was halved. If you can't keep the whiners happy why did you bother capitulating to them in the first place riot?

x TrueDamage x

02-05-2013

im sorry but being able to heal to full life wile taking hits from other champs is OP there is no other heal in the game that could even come close to his heal they need to take that heal and tone it down alot cause taking 2 Q's from a yi will 1 shot a adc almost then he can just ult and run away

Thubgar

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfidiousAlbion View Post
It was so obvious that people weren't going to stop complaining about Yi's heal even though it's scaling was halved. If you can't keep the whiners happy why did you bother capitulating to them in the first place riot?
i dont think that was the primary goal. AD got slightly better with this change, that's what they WANT yi to do.

KazaLyn Shao

02-05-2013

You really don't even need a disable. A simple ignite will terminate his tanking abilities. He barely heals when ignited. Then you can plaster him. My god people. Why are you so bad?

MMHSTerror

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cevonis View Post
I didn't even know Yi had a reset, i've never played him, don't own him and have never been interested in him.

My biggest problem with him is not the champion but the players exploiting his design. Meditate was designed for sustain not for tank. It really shouldn't scale with anything tbh, and is probably best to be reworked into something else but i feel reworking it is wrong because his kit makes him unique. Just make it so you can't meditank, like add something that if being attacked the heal amount is reduced by X% and make turrets interrupt his heal.
Meditate was designed to regain health in a situation where you are under siege...otherwise they wouldn't have given it armor and magic resist. You can't exploit a design if it was designed for that purpose...

EffectFX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2013

Quote:
It's design is to heal out of combat for sustain not in combat to tank
False, each level of meditate gives 50 MR/Armor, level 1 starts at 100 MR/Armor.

Also. ANY FORM OF HARD CC CANCELS MEDITATE.

TriforceOfChozo

02-05-2013

Quote:

Then why does it give you 300 MR and Armor if your not "suppose to tank with it?"