Udyr..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Feleas

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumRise View Post
Udyr is a very nice jungle. If you set him up as a armor and a magic resist with health you can take one 1-2 champions alone maby 3. I am a udyr user and i end up carry for the mid game, you just need the rite runes and mast setup to properky use him and a lvl 20 can use him just fine.

P.S. He does need a new skin
I'll try that out. I tried to atkspd/armour/mrlvl/movement runes idea but I just can't pull off anything in a gank. people see me come out of jungle and they just walk off, thinking I'm some kind of crazy hobo shouting profanities at them lol

DarkSideCreo

02-04-2013

Hmm, he's still better than Shyvana.. If he had a slow remover (like garen) on his bear, that might fix the kiting problem. He doesn't need much change. And anyone thinking Phoenix is weak is weird. How can it be weak, if it allows you to counter jungle almost anyone, farm camps uber quick, and dead heavy dmg during early ganks? Take AS marks and move after aa, so you can land that 3rd proc on the enemy and see their hp bar disappear. He needs more setup than some other junglers, so if you have laners with cc, pick udyr and gank. Or just farm like crazy, and come out as a scary tank/disruptor/peeler/beefy bearmanbirdturtle thing.

Udyr is awesome, and if he doesn't need much to improve tbh, slow remover, or slow after the stun, or even a short leap/tp in bear form (could work like riven's E) is all he needs really.

DanRileyCG

02-04-2013

Umm. No. I play Udyr in ranked all the time. He's amazing in season 3. He becomes almost unstopably tanky, especially with his improved passive. All characters have some form of counter play, his is he is more easily kited than most. He still has the tools to get the job done. His R is better than his Q btw... AOE and extra damage procs so good.

Play him more?

People seem to forget that he can bear form near constantly even without CDR, there's like1.5 seconds of cool down time without CDR before you can bear stance again. That means he can be near perpetually sped up, and has a stun each time he uses bear, and can stun the same target every 6 seconds. He's very fast, especially with boots of swiftness+ alacrity. Build straight tank and face roll games. Few champs will be able to escape you.

Feleas

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delkin525 View Post
Umm. No. I play Udyr in ranked all the time. He's amazing in season 3. He becomes almost unstopably tanky, especially with his improved passive. All characters have some form of counter play, his is he is more easily kited than most. He still has the tools to get the job done. His R is better than his Q btw... AOE and extra damage procs so good.

Play him more?

People seem to forget that he can bear form near constantly even without CDR, there's like1.5 seconds of cool down time without CDR before you can bear stance again. That means he can be near perpetually sped up, and has a stun each time he uses bear, and can stun the same target every 6 seconds. He's very fast, especially with boots of swiftness+ alacrity. Build straight tank and face roll games. Few champs will be able to escape you.
right for the most part but you didn't address one thing, it's super easy to kite him.

TealNinje

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feleas View Post
right for the most part but you didn't address one thing, it's super easy to kite him.
That's beaten on the tactical stage; put the enemy in a circumstance where they can't kite you.

DarkSideCreo

02-05-2013

I think another thing that made him a bit weaker is the amount of wards people have in s3. Sightstone and boot-less starts made warly wards possible, and sort of fotm thing. In s2 it was easier to sneak past wards, or clean them up with oracles (another nerf to junglers, no one buys them anymore).

I personally prefer lane ganks these days, especially up top, cause its very rare to have a top laner ward his lane bushes. Bot is harder, cause with sightstone and free wards from masteries people have plenty of wards to have vision over the entire lane.

Luvbeat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delkin525 View Post
Play him more?

People seem to forget that he can bear form near constantly even without CDR, there's like1.5 seconds of cool down time without CDR before you can bear stance again.
And by 1.5 second cd you mean 6 second cd right?

Peligrad

02-05-2013

DO NOT TOUCH UDYR!!

Udyr is my favorite jungler in the game... he is ridiculously strong in the right hands.

He's in a perfect spot right now.

In my last 3 normal games with him (which are all I have in my match history) I have a combined 20/1/33 record with him.

Pretty strong...

Also bear stance's sprint has a 4 second duration at max level. So with 33% CDR it can be up 100% of the time. That's likely what he is talking about.

To be successful with Udyr, go tiger stance in the jungle. Start doran's blade and your early ganks will be deadly. Rush boots of mobility to make ganking easier. Then rush Wriggle's starting madreds. Then build a ruby sight stone.

Udyr is so mobile, especially with those boots that you can win a vision war against any other jungler.

Contest/counter his buffs all day. You can solo dragon at 5... and solo it without losing hp as soon as you get wriggle's.

Udyr is awesome at stealing camps...super fast and you run in and tiger stance the big one and it melts...

Udyr has issues closing...but learn how to counter gank by keeping track of their jungler.

What Udyr lacks in closing power, he makes up for in sheer offensive ability and tankiness.

A 2v2 is not a fair fight if you bring an Udyr...

copperpoint

02-05-2013

At least hes still better then Shyvana ^^

I faced Udyr in top and he has some crazy sustain, incredible hard to kill even with the jungler helping.
His jungle is very good, not the fastest but with a lot of HP.

Ganking... same as shyvana, though he has a stun at least.

EffectFX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2013

Man a super tanky melee champion with a stun that's up every 6 seconds and does pretty good damage throughout the game having a weakness? that's just ****ing crazy. If you couldn't kite udyr, there would be no point in playing anyother jungler, his ONLY weakness is being kited. Also phoenix stance is amazing, if you think otherwise you're literally crazy.