Won a ranked got 1 LP...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thirsty4Leonaid

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerosk83 View Post
This is because your hidden elo, called MMR, is lower than what Riot's "suggested" elo for Advancing to gold tier wants you to be. So it gives you really low LP gains so that you either go on a mental win streak, or win 2-3 per 1 you lose. Winning 2 games and losing 1 still boosts your hidden elo even though your LP might stay the same or decrease. Once you reach the specific elo Riot expects gold players to be you will stop being "clamped" like that.

I just won my Silver division 1 promo series and advanced to gold, and I wasn't getting clamped at all. I was getting 21-28 LP per win and losing 16 per loss. I was 1465 elo before the new system, and I've won 8/10 of my games since then. I'm assuming the "clamp point" for gold is around 1500 elo.
you didnt get clamped because your MMR dictates you deserve to be in a higher bracket, its been explained that lower MMR then the standard will suddenly stop gaining LP to see if they can win consistantly or not, justfying them being moved up permanently, those people who already have shown that (Higher MMR then avg, or on par) will not get clamped period, or very little. You can sort of gauge where you at based on how much you get a lose normally

20w 20/l is avg 25/15 above average and 15/25 is below average respectively, these are made up numbers just for an exmaple

Zerosk83

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4saknHero View Post
you didnt get clamped because your MMR dictates you deserve to be in a higher bracket, its been explained that lower MMR then the standard will suddenly stop gaining LP to see if they can win consistantly or not, justfying them being moved up permanently, those people who already have shown that (Higher MMR then avg, or on par) will not get clamped period, or very little. You can sort of gauge where you at based on how much you get a lose normally

20w 20/l is avg 25/15 above average and 15/25 is below average respectively, these are made up numbers just for an exmaple
I swear you didn't read my post. I explained why he was getting clamped and how I wasn't getting clamped because I'm over the MMR suggested for gold tier. You basically just re typed what I explained to me as if I didn't already know. Thanks for trying I guess??

General Stinky

02-04-2013

u are level 19