Won a ranked got 1 LP...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

1 800 YOU LOSE

02-04-2013

So is this normal if you are in division 1? I am only silver D1, was ranked #1 in my division when I got the win, but really only 1 LP from a win. Is this some sort of bug or something? I checked the enemy and they had 3 gold divisions on their team so I don't think their "elo" was way lower than mine since I am only in silver. Has anyone else experienced this?

Lvl 8 Psyduck

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2013

are you sure you won 1 ?

or you just saw +1 in the league screen? because that screen is bugged as hell

do the math your self or Yegg will slap you in the balls

1 800 YOU LOSE

02-04-2013

Nah I am 100% sure I only gained 1 LP, went from 96 lp to 97...I was sad cause I wanted to do my promo games

Davidzon

02-04-2013

It's riots way of ensuring you're ready to move up. I personally don't like it as if you lose, you lose 20 points instead of 1 meaning you have to win like 10 games in a row just to move up.

My Name is 6th

02-04-2013

based from your IGN yeah u deserve to have 1LP

Zerosk83

02-04-2013

This is because your hidden elo, called MMR, is lower than what Riot's "suggested" elo for Advancing to gold tier wants you to be. So it gives you really low LP gains so that you either go on a mental win streak, or win 2-3 per 1 you lose. Winning 2 games and losing 1 still boosts your hidden elo even though your LP might stay the same or decrease. Once you reach the specific elo Riot expects gold players to be you will stop being "clamped" like that.

I just won my Silver division 1 promo series and advanced to gold, and I wasn't getting clamped at all. I was getting 21-28 LP per win and losing 16 per loss. I was 1465 elo before the new system, and I've won 8/10 of my games since then. I'm assuming the "clamp point" for gold is around 1500 elo.

Zerosk83

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidzon View Post
It's riots way of ensuring you're ready to move up. I personally don't like it as if you lose, you lose 20 points instead of 1 meaning you have to win like 10 games in a row just to move up.
You don't have to win 10 games to move up, you just have to consistently win more often then you lose and your hidden elo will increase until you finally stop getting clamped. I didn't get clamped at all on my first try and won my series. Took me 10 games to get to and win my series. I lost 2 of those 10 on the way.

1 800 YOU LOSE

02-04-2013

Alright well thank you for your explanation, much appreciated.

1likeketchup

02-04-2013

im in silver div 1 and won 3 points currently ranked 7

fishnchipsmate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2013

when you hit the 90+ LP area, it majorly reduces the LP gain for a few games, to make sure you didn't just get lucky. it's to check to make sure that you can consistently play with players of the level you're trying to get into