Moving around UI elements (apparently broken with the Darius patch)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MARPAT

02-04-2013

So I've got an eyefinity setup going right now, and I was wondering if there was any way to move the minimap and chat at least so that they're back on my middle monitor. I've been doing some research that seems pretty fruitless so far. I came across this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4Ml-vGEb54) that describes how to fix this, but in the comments it says that it was broken by the Darius patch. Is there any way to try and hack through this with the gamefiles? I found in RAFManager that there was a file called HudResolutionDefaults.ini, and I tried to edit that by moving the [Minimap]'s XPos from 100 to 2050, but it didn't seem to do anything.

Any sort of information I can find on this subject is pre-2012, so it's pretty hard to figure out if any of this will actually work or not.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Perb

02-05-2013

The current file that can move the minimap is called MinimapRight.ini.

In Raf Manager:
0.0.0.137/DATA/Menu/HUD/Hud2012/Elements/MinimapRight.ini

The easiest way to move it is to mess with the BaseOffset. Assuming you want to move it from your right monitor to your center monitor, try these values:
BaseOffset: -0.5, 0

MARPAT

02-06-2013

Oh god, I wish it were possible to give you thousands of thumbs up. You seriously just made my life. I was contemplating suicide before this but you just SAVED MY LIFE. Everything works perfectly now. Thanks a billion.

I love you.

Perb

02-06-2013

Glad I could help!

Let me know what BaseOffset you settled on after you get the map where you want.

MARPAT

02-10-2013

I ended up going -1.36 for my right side, and 1.385 for everything on the left. I've got everything set up except for fixing scaling on the tooltips for abilities, and jungle creeps. I wish I could find where those are located too.

Anyways, I think I'm going to go and post the link to this thread on other places with ultra-res HUD problems. Thanks again!

niqht

02-10-2013

hmm.. is it possible to do a multimonitor setup with 1 screen the game and a second the map?

IDeew

12-13-2013

Thanks a TON for creating this thread. I also run an eyefinity setup and this is going to be game changing. THANKS !