Bring ELO hell back.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lFalse Kingl

02-03-2013

I'd never thought I would say this but please change things back.

Oz SammyD X

02-04-2013

I dont like the new system either but you will get used to it, gonna be hard though.

Otha

02-04-2013

This new system looked good from the start but after playing with it for a few days it just sucks. I started in silver 3 played one game... got trolled by a leaver. played another 0-6 top and 0-9 mid.... and got demoted to silver 4. Won a game. get trolled some more for 2 more games and lose both and now i'm silver 5....

So i lost 5 games and demoted me 2 whole division so i decided to not play with trolls... well guess what dodging ques makes you lose leage points as well. so know if i don't lose a game or dodge a game 15+ stright game to get back to where i was originally at because of this promotion BS. and i can't even dodge because ill lose points.

Thanks Riot

Feleas

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otha View Post
This new system looked good from the start but after playing with it for a few days it just sucks. I started in silver 3 played one game... got trolled by a leaver. played another 0-6 top and 0-9 mid.... and got demoted to silver 4. Won a game. get trolled some more for 2 more games and lose both and now i'm silver 5....

So i lost 5 games and demoted me 2 whole division so i decided to not play with trolls... well guess what dodging ques makes you lose leage points as well. so know if i don't lose a game or dodge a game 15+ stright game to get back to where i was originally at because of this promotion BS. and i can't even dodge because ill lose points.

Thanks Riot
I started the league in Bronze II, dropped all the way down to Bronze IV because of trolls both in champ selection lobby and in the game. Riot broke the game when they made S3, plain and simple.

lFalse Kingl

02-04-2013

I mean, I get that it was quite reasonable from their mind. The first dodge onlthy cost -3 point, you are now unable to fall under the tier you are at, dodging reduce, and it gets more challenging per tier. Anyway, things are unlikely to change back but feedback is probably appreciated.

I suggest either fix the match making by making it more accurate. This would reduce the amount of dodges. You know something is wrong when a sona goes top, you trust that person just to see them go 0-17 under 30 mins. A kick function as well, we can kick the spot or "feed" players instead of being punished or simply remove the penalty.

When I first started playing, I didn't dodge 100 games and got to 900 elo with a 45% chance of winning with a good performance in game(constantly did and ping for dragon, kept a good score, won my lane majority of the time, ganked to help teammates, tried to help teammates not fight, etc...). But this is a team game, a player can't win the game alone. That's the first thing I realize. I continue to play a 100 more games and same results. Meaning, the match making does not put you with average player but just random people.

Once I realize that I wasn't being matched correctly, mainly because you get matched by winning and not by performance. I had to do the selection myself. This is what dodging allowed me to do. It gave me more control over choosing decent players and not ones that would give you trouble. Example, counter picking, fighting, trolling, etc. Let's face it, nobody wants to waste 20 mins of negative experience, especially over and over again over 100 times. My elo went up to 1050's and was seeing positive results until this option removed that to a point.

I am not technically saying dodging is the only option, despite it surely went well with me. I personally do not like to dodge games, waste of my time waiting and not many people like to either. That's why I applied 3 fair ways to do things.

Sum things up.
1) Let us dodge, clearly we wont we far by how things currently are. Hard to provide feedback with these negative games that haven't change for the good.
2) Match players a bit equally(70% rate, mines at 20% or lesser our of 1000+ people). That way, the team that gets better during that game wins.
3) Kick function, so we do the judging ourselves if you guys can't.

Feleas

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lFalse Kingl View Post
I mean, I get that it was quite reasonable from their mind. The first dodge onlthy cost -3 point, you are now unable to fall under the tier you are at, dodging reduce, and it gets more challenging per tier. Anyway, things are unlikely to change back but feedback is probably appreciated.

I suggest either fix the match making by making it more accurate. This would reduce the amount of dodges. You know something is wrong when a sona goes top, you trust that person just to see them go 0-17 under 30 mins. A kick function as well, we can kick the spot or "feed" players instead of being punished or simply remove the penalty.

When I first started playing, I didn't dodge 100 games and got to 900 elo with a 45% chance of winning with a good performance in game(constantly did and ping for dragon, kept a good score, won my lane majority of the time, ganked to help teammates, tried to help teammates not fight, etc...). But this is a team game, a player can't win the game alone. That's the first thing I realize. I continue to play a 100 more games and same results. Meaning, the match making does not put you with average player but just random people.

Once I realize that I wasn't being matched correctly, mainly because you get matched by winning and not by performance. I had to do the selection myself. This is what dodging allowed me to do. It gave me more control over choosing decent players and not ones that would give you trouble. Example, counter picking, fighting, trolling, etc. Let's face it, nobody wants to waste 20 mins of negative experience, especially over and over again over 100 times. My elo went up to 1050's and was seeing positive results until this option removed that to a point.

I am not technically saying dodging is the only option, despite it surely went well with me. I personally do not like to dodge games, waste of my time waiting and not many people like to either. That's why I applied 3 fair ways to do things.

Sum things up.
1) Let us dodge, clearly we wont we far by how things currently are. Hard to provide feedback with these negative games that haven't change for the good.
2) Match players a bit equally(70% rate, mines at 20% or lesser our of 1000+ people). That way, the team that gets better during that game wins.
3) Kick function, so we do the judging ourselves if you guys can't.
yes, yes, and a thousand times more yes. I'm sick and tired of how the current system is screwing us players who know the game better than the random people we queue with or the trolls who we queue with and have OUR league points be reflected on THEIR bad gaming.