LP gain ridiculously low?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XII

02-04-2013

I've been constantly ranking the past four days and out of maybe 30ish games I lost 5. At first I was getting maybe 15 LP per win and losing 30 per loss, but once I reached Silver Division 1 around 70 LP i started to gain about 1- 3 LP. From there I had an 11 game win streak winning about 1 - 2 LP each every game. I just had a really bad match, our jungler kept trying to counter jungle and failed constantly, and lost 28 LP from 96 LP....

This is just insane and absurd, is this just a mistake that riot is working on or what? If so, will I be compensated or something for the considerably low LP gain for 11 matches straight?

Thanks for reading!

Version

Recruiter

02-04-2013

I'm pretty sure it's been stated before. Riot has something called a "hidden" elo, where it is based off of what was your previously elo and whatnot. Most likely, the new system is trying to "weed" out people are getting lucky streaks, or elo boosted. If you really belong at your current elo, as you continue to play more games, you should find that that your LP gain is going to be stable. Looking at your previously stats on LOLKing, it seems that you were around 1100~1200 elo. Assuming that the silver division is around 1500 elo, there's a large margin of 400 elo. Obviously, the system also sees this and is trying to fix this "problem".

TL;DR : Keep playing, if you belong or are better than where you are right now, there won't be a large difference between LP gained and lost.

XII

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Version View Post
I'm pretty sure it's been stated before. Riot has something called a "hidden" elo, where it is based off of what was your previously elo and whatnot. Most likely, the new system is trying to "weed" out people are getting lucky streaks, or elo boosted. If you really belong at your current elo, as you continue to play more games, you should find that that your LP gain is going to be stable. Looking at your previously stats on LOLKing, it seems that you were around 1100~1200 elo. Assuming that the silver division is around 1500 elo, there's a large margin of 400 elo. Obviously, the system also sees this and is trying to fix this "problem".

TL;DR : Keep playing, if you belong or are better than where you are right now, there won't be a large difference between LP gained and lost.

Look at my match history, getting lucky would mean I do bad and get carried every single game or the enemy team are always trolls. I would understand that for a game or two, but 11 in a row? And altogether for the other 14 i won as well? I don't think that's luck. And how do they expect us to pass a certain division if they make it THAT hard??? That's pretty much expecting us to NEVER lose and win EVERY single game, because if we lose one we drop drastically and it's almost impossible to get back up at that rate or 1 - 3 LP per win...

Version

Recruiter

02-04-2013

Quote:
Also, keep in mind that the silver to gold leap is supposed to be difficult because it permanently puts you in a higher, more exclusive tier.

- Zileas
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...89274#34189274
A quote from Riot Zileas.
Not only are you being held down by your previous "hidden" elo, you should also keep in mind that going from bronze -> silver, silver -> gold, etc etc. is way harder than going up divisions. Since each tier is basically more exclusive, obviously it would take a lot more work in order to advance.

Edit: You may be having trouble grasping the new ranking system.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zdG-FzA5-A refer to this video for more information.

XII

02-04-2013

This system is even harder than the last. How do they expect ANYONE to advance to the next division like this unless they're 2k elo smurfs or extremely lucky... ONE LP per win and 28 per loss? That doesn't sound fair or balanced. I get they wanted to make it harder, but this is beyond difficult, it's nearly impossible... And after we somehow manage to get 100 LP we have to win ANOTHER 3 games?
I don't know if it's just me but this is highly unbalanced...

Curo Arcane

02-04-2013

This sounds insane. Even the best players can't compete against numbers like that. 1 LP for a win and 28 for a loss? If someone is able to win consistently, let them get their promotion so they get to the league the deserve. If it's a lucky winning streak, it will be sure to even out, dropping them back to where they belong. This seems designed to deliberately prevent people from climbing the ladder. But wait, wasn't this whole system put in place to encourage people climbing the ladder?

It's not like this dude is going straight to challenger league, and thus should have to overcome ridiculous obstacles. He's going from silver to gold, and has to face against the top 10% of people in the game. And yet Riot requires him to have a ~97% win rate just to advance to gold? Come on...

I thought the system was designed to keep you at a level where you win about half your games. But if it's like this, everyone is going to end up grouped into the same league, aside from those who were already plat/diamond pre-season. It seems incredibly unfair to newcomers. In order for a new player to ascend to plat, they have to win an incredibly overwhelming majority of their games? Impossible. This is either going to make this an elitist system, or it will be held as a joke by the majority of players.

To me, it seems the only way to get past silver is to have already been past silver before the league system was introduced. As a silver player myself, I aspire to be gold. But that means I'll have to win 97% of my games? No player that is gradually improving their skill level can maintain that win rate. You would have to be playing FAR under your skill level to have that kind of win rate. And if you get anywhere near your skill level, you won't be able to maintain such a win rate. This doesn't seem to keep people in a league of their skill level, but rather a league under their skill level.