Garen chasing ability against Magic team comps

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS15477dcb56db485ec2400

Junior Member

02-05-2013

I main garen i have alot of games with him.

If i am playing against a team with alot of CC i use the tenacity masteries in def tree and if they have taric or mumu or any champ that can stop me in my tracks i go mercial schimitar its great for the AD plus the debuff removal is great.

Also if i get countered in my pick by teemo or nid, someone who can get away from me i allways go exhaust.

Also Mal is a good item to get against AP teams.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrFisterRoboto

Senior Member

02-05-2013

I usually get:

Boots of Swiftness + Zephyr (which has +10% movement speed). Plus it gives him tenacity on top of the swiftness boots, some AD, AS, and CDR. Pretty good all-around for Garen. Then go Phage/FM after that and you become a nightmare to chase/run from. Give it a try!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

Senior Member

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravísTouchdown View Post
There really isnt an item that gives him maneuverability plus mr...my reccomemdation goest to frozen mallet plus merc treads and maw for stickinf and mr.
assuming something along this line is true, garen has an itemization counter of some sort


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS1330ca164c1e976181edd

Senior Member

02-05-2013

Quote:
Boots of Swiftness + Zephyr (which has +10% movement speed). Plus it gives him tenacity on top of the swiftness boots, some AD, AS, and CDR. Pretty good all-around for Garen. Then go Phage/FM after that and you become a nightmare to chase/run from. Give it a try!
Sorry, but IMHO you don't want to waste that much stat gold-wise on AS you dont use (that much).

I would consider Reverie an option if you got problems with kiting, and I go Spirit Visage in general vs AP. Else Bulwark, Hex.

I also dont really go Phage/FM for the stat-reason again: I won't do AAs all the time, Spin2Win too stronk.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

Senior Member

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basnap View Post
Sorry, but IMHO you don't want to waste that much stat gold-wise on AS you dont use (that much).

I would consider Reverie an option if you got problems with kiting, and I go Spirit Visage in general vs AP. Else Bulwark, Hex.

I also dont really go Phage/FM for the stat-reason again: I won't do AAs all the time, Spin2Win too stronk.
reverie costs for mana regen though doesnt it?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS1330ca164c1e976181edd

Senior Member

02-05-2013

It doesnt give that much mana regen...OK, it does, but nobody gets Reverie for the regen. Only for the flat HP, maybe CDR and the OP active.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

Senior Member

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravísTouchdown View Post
There really isnt an item that gives him maneuverability plus mr...my reccomemdation goest to frozen mallet plus merc treads and maw for stickinf and mr.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EffectFX View Post
Run 9/21, armor pen/free tenacity/anti slow. Base merc treads or anti-slow boots based on enemy team.

Frozen mallet, there's really not alot of chasing items, you have to rely on your kit.
all according to plan


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ghostshadowblade

Senior Member

02-05-2013

Garen? He doesn't even NEED anything. Poor Mages..


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

Senior Member

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostshadowblade View Post
Garen? He doesn't even NEED anything. Poor Mages..
when he's getting melted and needs to be in and out fast he does. BUT HE CAN'T.... unless the schimitar is ready


12