play vs ai is more for the new players right?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

derpyman69

02-04-2013

so im level 26 but i play mostly ai games (with a couple of pvp games here and there) i mostly use ai games when i get a new champion. so we start playing and there is one guy who just starts raging at the begining about someone ksing him even though they are both working at top. now i know that some times yes if you do almost all of the damage and someone comes in at the last second and takes your kill all the time it gets frustrating, but in this case the riven was there almost the whole time doing damage. then the kid starts raging about how riven is getting all the csing because of his combo ability. so he starts calling him the c word and about every word you can think of. so i kindly tell him to calm down and its only an bot game. he starts raging on me saying i don't know how to play the game. now i just went on playing the game and i was fighting the bot in mid. taking it down to half health and then the kid comes in to attack and we both start attacking. i ended up using lux ult to kill it and he kid rages again about ksing. so i finally told him to shut up because it was getting annoying. and another teammate says im harrasing him and going to be reported. So i stop talking cause it was getting annoying and he just kept swearing at the whole team. and at the end the one person was like you harrased him by telling him to shut up... now i wouldnt be too annoyed about someone saying hey im going to report you and they really dont have a reason at all but my one account was banned for no reason because people just jump to the report button when they are angry. i feel like if some people are reporting people to much, and that half of them are nonsense that they should get a ban or something

Ansaa

02-04-2013

Anyone reading the Tribunal case (If there is one) will pardon you, they'll see how the other guy was awful and how you only told him to "Shut up"... so don't worry, its not like you swore or continued arguing with him.

Its also incredibly rare this happened in the Coop vs AI community: we're a lot nicer there, but there are a few bad apples :P

derpyman69

02-04-2013

yea i know usually in player vs ai its all nice people that are learning the game and if its a level 30 they are usually there to help the people

Shardicus

02-04-2013

"KS" means "kill secured". Some people don't seem to be aware that this is a team game.

JonnyTapas

02-04-2013

When you get reported, what actually happend is reviewed by multiple people who will pass judgement.

You can get reported a bazillion times and no action will be taken as long as you were fairly harmless in your actions.

I personally simply ignore anyone who says "KS" for the entire game. (AI games that is) I look at it this way... if they take the time to say "KS" they don't want help. So later when they are barking orders to push an objective or take dragon... I keep in mind that "they don't want help."

BTW how many 0's does "a bazillion" have?

SenorBurger

02-05-2013

Too many people baby themselves to 30 on bots with no real experience. Don't worry, idiots like him will never get anywhere and you probably wouldn't even go on tribunal unless you had previous reports.
In response to title, it's designed for new players, but I play with platinum or diamond friends on bots to blow off steam a lot.

derpyman69

02-05-2013

yea its true. I ignore it when people say it to me but when they harras other people that are only trying to play the game. The person who was playing with me was only level 24 and was acting like they knew everything. I know its ai but i still want to work together and win and when the other team doesnt want to its kinda frustrating cause i want to get to 30 as soon as possible

SneakyAzShiite

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by derpyman69 View Post
so im level 26 but i play mostly ai games (with a couple of pvp games here and there) i mostly use ai games when i get a new champion. so we start playing and there is one guy who just starts raging at the begining about someone ksing him even though they are both working at top. now i know that some times yes if you do almost all of the damage and someone comes in at the last second and takes your kill all the time it gets frustrating, but in this case the riven was there almost the whole time doing damage. then the kid starts raging about how riven is getting all the csing because of his combo ability. so he starts calling him the c word and about every word you can think of. so i kindly tell him to calm down and its only an bot game. he starts raging on me saying i don't know how to play the game. now i just went on playing the game and i was fighting the bot in mid. taking it down to half health and then the kid comes in to attack and we both start attacking. i ended up using lux ult to kill it and he kid rages again about ksing. so i finally told him to shut up because it was getting annoying. and another teammate says im harrasing him and going to be reported. So i stop talking cause it was getting annoying and he just kept swearing at the whole team. and at the end the one person was like you harrased him by telling him to shut up... now i wouldnt be too annoyed about someone saying hey im going to report you and they really dont have a reason at all but my one account was banned for no reason because people just jump to the report button when they are angry. i feel like if some people are reporting people to much, and that half of them are nonsense that they should get a ban or something

Well i use bots to try out new champions or builds, that way if things dont quite work out i can always turn it around and we can still win. I did however play bots primarily until level 10 to avoid smurfs in pvp.

Now as to your situation. The best thing to do is ignore the kid who was raging. If someone complains about "kill stealing" in an angry way then they are toxic and likely to do it again. They also might not understand that you want as many teammates in on a kill because an assist will earn you gold. Hit tab to bring up the scoreboard, and on the right border adjacent to everyones name will be a little icon. Its next to the stats and items. Thats the ignore button. Just click it and you wont see them in chat anymore. =)

Best of luck to you, Have fun!

katyyyyyyyyyyy

02-05-2013

It totally depends on how you word you sentences, that can change it drastically from being perceived as harassment or not.

For example, there does not need to be anger or rage or name calling in your replies to people, or mean sarcasm, or a remark after a bad play. These things just ruin morale for alot of people.

So if there was a chance you put anger into the way you said shut up. Yes, you could of been harassing. We can't see chat when you distort the story here, you could be calm here but was out of line in the game. Provoking the other guy. Or you could be telling the truth, and HE was the one who stepped out of line.

Zisi

02-05-2013

The main thing to remember is that unless your reported often, you wont go to the tribunal in the first place.

Aside from that just the advice above, don't let people bait you into an argument, don't bother trying to educate them, or defend your honour, your only playing with them for this game, it doesn't mater. If they continue to be poisonous, mute them (don't tell them you have, that will just make things worse).