Skill Order on Caitlyn? R>Q>?>?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ansaa

02-04-2013

I just bought her, and I love her so far. But, I'm not sure what to get after R>Q>?>?

Do I max W or E second?

wHiSkErTeMx73744

02-04-2013

um.... i would save R for later.

Harass the other team with Q until the teamfight starts, then go in with your basic attacks.
Use W either defensively or offensively; place them where you think enemies will cross over, or place them on top of the enemies while they are fighting.
E if you get stuck in the front somehow and need a quick way to escape. I repeat, you need to save this to escape (not often that you will use this to catch up to someone). You can also use this to reposition yourself for a clean R.
Use R to kill escaping enemies. Only use this on 1. High priority targets (i.e a fed Katarina who is getting away with a small amount of health) or 2. The final stragglers of a teamfight. Do not use this early on in the teamfight! If an enemy runs away, that's one less person to worry about. Keep fighting and focus the other priority targets (ADC, APC, etc). If the other person comes back, it's his loss, I guess. Finish him (if you can) and laugh at his foolishness.

Oh yeah, and I forgot. Q first, then W, then E. E is pretty much only used for the mobility, so there's no point in ranking it past 1 until you are forced to do so.

Urta

02-04-2013

Is this a troll?....You max Q and W first then E last. E is just an escape because it pushs you away from enemies when you fire it.

Ansaa

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by wHiSkErTeMx73744 View Post
um.... i would save R for later.

Harass the other team with Q until the teamfight starts, then go in with your basic attacks.
Use W either defensively or offensively; place them where you think enemies will cross over, or place them on top of the enemies while they are fighting.
E if you get stuck in the front somehow and need a quick way to escape. I repeat, you need to save this to escape (not often that you will use this to catch up to someone). You can also use this to reposition yourself for a clean R.
Use R to kill escaping enemies. Only use this on 1. High priority targets (i.e a fed Katarina who is getting away with a small amount of health) or 2. The final stragglers of a teamfight. Do not use this early on in the teamfight! If an enemy runs away, that's one less person to worry about. Keep fighting and focus the other priority targets (ADC, APC, etc). If the other person comes back, it's his loss, I guess. Finish him (if you can) and laugh at his foolishness.

Oh yeah, and I forgot. Q first, then W, then E. E is pretty much only used for the mobility, so there's no point in ranking it past 1 until you are forced to do so.
Thanks for your answer, although I think u 2 misunderstood what I meant?
I mean the skill order (As in, what do I upgrade) not her actual combo xD

But thank you for your answer!

wHiSkErTeMx73744

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansaa View Post
Thanks for your answer, although I think u 2 misunderstood what I meant?
I mean the skill order (As in, what do I upgrade) not her actual combo xD

But thank you for your answer!
Your vague question has brought a misunderstanding.

But I would like to direct you to the last paragraph that you quoted. Ahem, if you would please read,

"Oh yeah, and I forgot. Q first, then W, then E. E is pretty much only used for the mobility, so there's no point in ranking it past 1 until you are forced to do so."

Míley Dyrus

02-04-2013

Put one point in your traps so you can litter your lane with them before creeps arive. Max your Q first. This is your harass. Max your net second, as the slow gets greater as you level it up, while the trap's stun does not. Level your ultimate whenever possible.

randomnest name

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansaa View Post
I just bought her, and I love her so far. But, I'm not sure what to get after R>Q>?>?

Do I max W or E second?
i like to max W right after Q just because if you can place them in the right spot, you will make their adc be really unconfortable lasthitting unless he wants to step on one, and since u max it second it will do quite a bit of damage and might even set up a kill if you have an agressive support ( taric, blitz, leona and nunu are very strong with cait)

randomnest name

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterTangerine View Post
Put one point in your traps so you can litter your lane with them before creeps arive. Max your Q first. This is your harass. Max your net second, as the slow gets greater as you level it up, while the trap's stun does not. Level your ultimate whenever possible.
dude the only moment where you will actually use the slow will be in a defensive manner, because if you try to slow an escaping enemy the net will actually throw u back and he will get away. if you max it for the slow then it would depend on their jungler. If they have a kitable jungler like shyvana and she is bot alot then i guess E would be a good idea, but if they have a maokai or someone that has gap closers, then it might be better to max traps just for the lane damage that it brings.

Supafly GLHF

02-05-2013

Keep in mind situational approaches.

If you are invading....and you know you are: Q 1st

If you are rushing bush for ignite (though many use "Cleanse/Flash" on Cait) - Q 1st? I usually Q 1st...others may trap...I prefer to potentially hit 2 targets and have range.

If you are passively laning: W first - u have time to place at least 2 traps (usually in ward positions) before minion spawn

Then. It's a lot of maxing Q, then W, with a point in E as an escape and R when offered really. At least that's how I play her.

I follow a good bit of logic in the following guides:

http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=...yn-build-guide

http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=...yn-build-guide

shiredragon

02-05-2013

Ultimate top priority.
Q next because it is a good nuke and scales off your AD.
W is what I choose because it has more effect when used well (One point at lvl 1)
E last, 1 point at lvl 4.

E is a good, but it is mostly utility. So you don't need to max it fast. W is better damage and utility when used right.

You want to use your traps tactically. Team fights: cut off their escapes, secure your team escapes, and stop them in the middle of the fight. Laning: scout, defend v ganks, and same as team fights. 1v1: similar to team fights. Don't forget that your traps have an arm time. So you need to lay them ahead of your target. Or in front of you! Say you are running, You can lay it in front of you, Then they either run into the trap, or they waste time going around it. Also lay it where you need for gap closers, say that Wukong/Akali will jump to you. Lay a trap just in front of you. Bam, trapped.