Xin Zhao, All AS runes?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

wanderingli

02-04-2013

I know most ppl build x9 atk dmg reds, x9 yellow armour and MR blues w/ 3atk dmg quints....
But what about AS blues and reds, with atk dmg quits and yellow armors? You can build lots of atk dmg in game.....right?

Ippii

02-04-2013

Reds yes, blues no

TheOnlyJaces

02-05-2013

I see so many xin players fail when going to much ad/as compared to a xin that goes more off tank. Xin is super strong even tanky. Merc tread + doran shield + youmuu is like super strong for instance. I would keep armor seal and mres glyph all day

ChampStat

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2013

To deal maximum sustained DPS you need to have a balance of Attack Damage and Attack Speed (and later on, some crit to act as a 3rd multiplier).

AD and AS cost pretty close to the same now, right? And most champs will have 1.0 AS and 100 AD by 18 for free.

So, say you can buy 400 points worth of goodness. You can see how each choice would affect you:

All AD: 500 AD x 1.0 AS = 500 dps

All AS: 100 AD x (1.0 plus .625 x 400%) = 100 AD x 3.5 AS (theoretical) = 350 dps

Exactly 200 pts in each: 300 AD x (1.0 plus .625x200%) = 300AD x (2.3) = 690 dps.

==========

Xin already gets a big 80% AS booster, and the ghostblade that he probably ought to get gives 40% more.
if JUNGLING ONLY, getting Red AS and Quint AS will give more sustain and is worthwhile.

However, yellow and blue AS are VERY inefficient and you are way better off getting armor/MR per lvl.

Furthermore, Xin will want pure AD and crit items after the ghostblade (plus defense of course) since his AS is so high, he needs the AD to balance it out for max DPS.

TheOneMillion

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrrrax View Post
To deal maximum sustained DPS you need to have a balance of Attack Damage and Attack Speed (and later on, some crit to act as a 3rd multiplier).
For some reason you always forget the 4th multiplier, Armor Pen. Theres also crit damage, but that cant be gotten reasonably. Dont forget Xins passive, it increases the value of flat Armor Pen.

I would say the best rune setup for jungle xin would be either 3 AS mark 6 Arp Mark 3 AD quints, 9 AS Marks 3 Arp Quints, Or 3 Arp 6 AS 3 Movespeed Quints. All of them would use flat armor yellows and scaling MR blues.

Technokiller

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneMillion View Post
For some reason you always forget the 4th multiplier, Armor Pen. Theres also crit damage, but that cant be gotten reasonably. Dont forget Xins passive, it increases the value of flat Armor Pen.

I would say the best rune setup for jungle xin would be either 3 AS mark 6 Arp Mark 3 AD quints, 9 AS Marks 3 Arp Quints, Or 3 Arp 6 AS 3 Movespeed Quints. All of them would use flat armor yellows and scaling MR blues.
Do you really think those 3 arpen mark would make any difference? Wouldnt 9 as + 3 ms be better?

xSeCKSx

02-12-2013

Attack speed only goes so far. I wouldn't recommend a heavy focus on AS, and I did run 32AS for a long while - having some AS is quite helpful, but do the math and you'll notice it takes a lot of AS to see significant improvement.

Technokiller

02-12-2013

I dont get it. So should xin have at least 6/9 AS marks or not?

And should it be 6 or 9?

Warrrrax

02-14-2013

I'd go all 9 AS. AS is a huge pain to itemize nowdays with Ghostblade being my personal favorite. But many of the pros dont even bother with a single offensive item, going pure defense and utility.

AD is easy to get, and armor pen isnt too hard thru the brutalizer and ghostblade or black cleaver or both, or last whisper.

AS seems to help the most early on during clearing for extra sustain (since its based on your # of attacks), so Id go with that.

But it certainly wont kill you to go Apen either. Probably wont even notice a difference.