Option to reset ranking.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Diseasedhope

02-04-2013

So I haven't played ranked since my main got banned at the beginning of season 2. I was 2155 max elo in season one and got up to about 1900 before my ban. I decided the hell with it I like league so ill just level up my old smurf account and start ranked with him. Fast forward to 5 days ago where I started doing my first 10 games to score my elo/league system. First 5 games all trolls/afkers. Last 5 managed to actually get a good team and do well. Grant it im not like I used to be but I went even 80% of the games. Gets put into Division 2 of bronze. A bit dissapointed since I know I play at a way higher level then that. Doesn't really bother me too much since I can just work my way up. NOPE! I have won 8 of the 22 ranked games I have played and have now dropped down to Division 3 of bronze. Its a bit embarrassing and down right annoying to see friends that I used to play ranked with up at platinum and some at diamond just because I got screwed on my first 10 games and got thrown in the "Elo Hell" of the Bronze Division. THIS is not my point of this.

My real point is Riot you need to implement some way to have your season ranking reset if you are in bronze division. Let us replay those first 10 ranked games and get thrown into where we should be. Bronze is full of trolls/feeders/afkers/leavers I just can't win even when I do win my lane.

Hell I would pay 10 or 20 bucks for this reset. I just don't think its fair that you're allowing good players like myself and many many others getting stuck in the lower divisions not even being able to have the fun of playing those higher elo games. I seriously miss games that have less then 15 kills and count on CS killing dragon etc. I am sick of these one sided games that I can't win. I am now 8 losses to 2 wins on my recent matches. Grant it I did throw one of those games because I was thrown into the ADC position which I don't play well which I warned them.

Seriously Riot I have been a part of this game since Beta and while I have taken breaks from the game I still love it and still want to play it but I honestly can't find any enjoyment in one sided games.

Looking through all these threads all I see is how much hate for this new system. To be quite honest I was excited for it but now I am severely disappointed. Elo hell is worse then ever. You should have reset this seasons stats and ignored preseason before implementing this system.

End Rant

Shesocold

02-04-2013

Nope carry harder. I'm in the same boat (although not as extreme) I fell from 1300 elo to bronze 2 as well. Just farm up your K/D like I'm doing until you find a good duo to rise up with they really help. I almost won a 3v5 recently with one. So you shouldn't have much of a problem getting out with a duo you should be able to 2v5 them no problem if the duo is good enough.

To address why Riot shouldn't implement a way to reset your rank in solo queue is because it's unsportsmanlike to be brought back up out of the deepest reaches of hell and be given another chance just because you paid money. On a side note it probably would not be all to profitable with maybe one or 2 good players using it to escape and a handful of hotheads who think they're the next Dyrus.

Sir Maridoth Zud

02-06-2013

I haven't been that high as you but I KEEP GETTING LEAVERS/TROLLS AND FEEDERS EVERY GAME. Please Riot PLS.

Amatzikahni

02-06-2013

How am I 500 Elo below you and somehow able to carry that Elo yet you're not?

Ty The Titan

02-06-2013

I've climbed from bronze2 to bronze 1 in a few days with looks of going to silver 5 soon. If your skill is where you say it is you should be far FAR above me. Yet I'm climbing.

Look. In a 5v5 type of game there is going to be a factor of unknown variables. But seeing as the enemy team has 5 potentially bad players, and your team has 4 (yourself not included). You should be able to rise to the elo you belong in, even it sometimes we have losing streaks.

I do recommend duoing. It offers a great improvement compared to soloing.

Riot won't use a system that is abusable by trolls or bad players. If a player knows he's going to reset soon, he may take his recent losses anger on the next few games by trolling. Then he resets and his slate is wiped clean.

Bobthecruel

02-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amatzikahni View Post
How am I 500 Elo below you and somehow able to carry that Elo yet you're not?
Because, you won a lottery ticket. Enjoy your next 20 games. Tell me how it goes.

Amatzikahni

02-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobthecruel View Post
Because, you won a lottery ticket. Enjoy your next 20 games. Tell me how it goes.
Nothing that's under the law of probability states that everything needs to be at an exact pattern for a specific percentage. Everyone has 10 loss streaks and 10 win streaks, yet when people go on 10 loss streaks they become much more vocal about it than if they're on 10 win streaks; it's a law of human nature. It only took me about 100 games before I learned how to carry out of 1200, and about 200 games to learn how to carry out of 1400. Right now, I've only played about 100 games in the 1500-1600 range and I'm still learning how to carry out of it. If someone with that much skill is claiming that he can't carry out of the lower brackets, I doubt he got that high legitimately in the first place or I doubt that he's seriously playing at that level in his recent games.

thakey

06-26-2013

I went from 1400 elo to 1050 elo because of leavers, afks, and disconnecters. And just you know, those typical angry little 13 year olds who dont like to use teamwork or take advise on their errors. Also, riot servers messed up the other day, and i couldnt log back into the servers due to a queue, got a LEAVE on ranked and lost 30 LP... thankyou!! Spending phoar, I don't know. Money on 2-3 skins for every champion in the game... I really feel like it was worth my money... Can you just give us 1 option per season, to completely wipe our ranked stats and rating and start again? Please?

Tál

06-26-2013

the lies in this necro are unbelievable

Artemis X

06-27-2013

You cant play the same way in each tier. You might be "better" but you have to adjust your play style to get out of bronze.