Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Aggressive support?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yundix

02-04-2013

After playing soraka a bit more than before, i've noticed that I can be pretty aggressive with my E, Q and bananas. Problem is that I lack that "presence" thing. I'm wondering if there is a support that can restore mana/health and keep enemies from wanting to engage. I'm guessing sona is a good candidate, but are there any other "supports" that are more aggressive?

wHiSkErTeMx73744

02-04-2013

Kayle and Nidalee fit your description perfectly. Kayle has a killer combo that will, if played properly, will discourage enemies from commiting to a fight (because the risk of failure is too high; Kayle will most likely grab a kill or two if they fail, and will get her aggressors' HP close to 0 if you so much as think about going in to deal quick damage and walking back out). Nidalee plays a little more from a distance, using her spears to deal insane amounts of damage that will keep your enemies at bay miles away if you can land them consistently. Both of these champions have a heal.

EDIT: Ansaa just reminded me. I totally overlooked Taric and Lulu. Taric has a heal, and Lulu has... somewhat of a heal. Her ult gives her target bonus HP. Both are played aggressively.

To answer someone's question, Nidalee is a great support, not because she is a good kill-giver, or a support in the traditional sense, but because she is downright scary, and has a great kit. Her Javelins do LOTS of damage. Anyone hit twice is most likely going to be down to a sliver of HP. One more hit and they are done for. So what happens? They stay back. Far back. Nid's spears have superior range and fairly short cooldowns. Not to mention that there are plenty of bushes for Nid to hide in. At the very least, her spears will force enemy players to play extremely cautiously. Poor players get punished severely, and cautious players often miss out on farm, giving the advantage to Nid's ADC. Also, her traps are a great way to prevent others from attacking, even when you've run out you've run out of wards. Sure, it doesn't replace wards, but a little supplement goes a long way.

RYP Jericho

02-04-2013

Leona

Yundix

02-04-2013

Quote:
Jericho Hombre:
Leona

I've tried leona but she just doesn't fit me. Shes a great tank and CCer, but I just...I don't like her atm. Maybe my time with her was just bad luck though, I had the same feeling with soraka till I really learned her.

I actually had kayle in mind, she's always a pain to go against but I didn't peg her as a support really.(she's dirt cheap so that's a huge plus) Nidalee seems like a good bet too, those javs hurt.

4Degreez

02-04-2013

Not sure how will Nidalee help the ADC, and she seems to me more like a KSer. Nunu is more a reasonable chose.

Ansaa

02-04-2013

Leona, once you get the hang of her, is a great aggressive support. I didn't like her at first either, but I've returned to her and I like her now.

If you get armor runes/masteries on Soraka, you can just wade into battle and really put the pressure on early, then silence them whenever they try to initiate in lane.

Nidalee... I'm not sure why people support with her. She is very item dependant if she wants to go AP. Her traps aren't a good enough substitute for wards, and she won't be very useful in teamfights. If they stay behind their minions or ward the bushes, they'll dodge your spears.

Taric is simple: Stun, Armor Shred, Ult, rinse and repeat.

Lulu is aggressive; Very pokey, and she has some great utility.

Nikolyn

02-04-2013

if i am rolling support with a ADC (mind you not all of them work well with this) I will go Alistar and build him a bit more on the attack rather than tank. If you can get your timing down you can both smash/stun (Q) your target to give the ADC more attack time and then assuming you were able to get around them hit them back with W giving even more kill time. His E restores health to him and his surrounding alies and I team that up with clarity. And of course he is beefy enough to be aggressive in the process. Everybody has their own preference though, play around till you find what works for you.

TehomCD

02-04-2013

Taric, Nami, or Sona all would fit that pretty well. Taric is easily the most aggressive, since most of his presence is based around going for kills in lane. Sona is almost always played aggressively, which due to her fragility can be very difficult - if the enemy team knows what they're doing and is playing another aggressive lane, they can punish you very easily if you miscalculate when trying to harass.

Nami is one that most people haven't caught on to yet, but is very strong with short-range AD carries. Her W is extremely strong when trading at short ranges, so she's my support of choice if someone is playing Vayne or the like.