Lets talk about Backdoor

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Von Nicklesnout

10-28-2010

Honestly, with the meta game shifting towards kiting and turtling in the lower ELO brackets, I can't help but fully endorse the use of the back door strategy. It's better to take a monster down by aiming for where its weakest rather than charge into a team with that stupid ***** Sona and die.

X Widow Maker X

10-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naramiel View Post
My only real objection is to backdooring is that it's too easy (on a few select champs) and too hard to counter. I run Teleport most every game, but the whole point of backdooring is that a champ like Yi can take a tower down solo in about 6 seconds late-game. Even if you notice him and hit Teleport the very instant he arrives, your tower will either be (a) down when you get there, or at BEST (b) half down, and Yi Highlanders away.

His Highlander, by the way, having a much shorter CD than Teleport.

All I'd really change, though, is to raise the durability of towers even further when there are no enemy minions in sight. If someone gets their minions up to the tower, they deserve it. If they don't, then make them at least bring 2 champs, or take 10 seconds, if the tower was at full.
Now here we are talking about lategame. Lategame your towers ARE supposed to drop and be very weak. People are trying to give lategame towers a buff so as people cant dive, or backdoor them. Well if we do this then there wont be any pushing lategame. A team can just defend their base the entire time from their tower. 2 hour long games would become a common thing if towers were buffed.

IMO towers are fine as they are. Mid-lategame is when teamfighting happens. there comes a point in lategame where the only possible source of clear victory might be chopping down the enemy nexus when they are not paying attention (games over an hour)

Pieson

10-28-2010

People who complain about backdooring: maybe going for 5 people who are only good in teamfights wasn't such a great idea, eh?

Roddy Shmexy

10-28-2010

some noob just started a backdoor QQ thread and its getting alot of attention

Smellis

10-28-2010

Backdooring "For people who cant win team fights".

I do love when people try it while im kassadin with teleport, i like free kills. Its a cheap tactic though and unless someone has teleport you cant realisticly counter it. Unless you can keep someone just sitting fine and pretty in your base the whole game while it goes 4vs4 in mid or 4vs5 when their backdoor champ gets bored too.

RegAlGhul

10-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RailBladerX View Post
^
that.... that right there....people are full of ****, Riot has said and quoted that backdooring is a viable way to win a match, because it is so easily counterd.
Really? Cause they nerfed the hell out of Shaco with the lame excuse of "backdooring."

That said, backdooring is completely legitimate. Annoying? Yes. Cheap? Yeah, but that's what you get when you don't limit yourself to courteous play. You win against the guy who holds himself to a set of standards.

Gamble7

10-28-2010

Games won from backdooring don't feel like a good win. I suppose if you really just wanted the +1 win thats awesome for you.. but I was just in a game that i should have lost but we won due to backdooring.. and I knew we didn't deserve to win. But I wasn't the one BD'ing.. I was the one getting rolled by the other teams superior teamwork and skill level. But we win anyways and everyones raging.. and the 12-13 year old kid that did the backdooring thinks he's god. Kind of just ruins the game.. but whatever.. its not going anywhere

Draygo Korvan

10-28-2010

You deserved the win. The enemy being unattentive to the fact that you have one person missing is proof. Good wards can also see a BD coming from champs that cant just teleport right in.

MeditationError

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roddy Shmexy View Post
some noob just started a backdoor QQ thread and its getting alot of attention
Again? But that trick never works...

Sters

10-28-2010

Well. From dota history I know that back dooring was never intended to be a viable strategy. Hence, Icefrog(person running dota right now) always made it harder to backdoor. Also, riot have stated that they are trying to stay way from anti-fun. Nothing is less fun then being backdoored. If it is being encouraged then I guess it is a viable strat. I wouldn't do it to another team because if I hate it done to me. I wouldn't do it to others.