Lets talk about Backdoor

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

X Widow Maker X

10-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostDieM View Post
BD-ing is viable, strategic and easy to counter, I'll explain why:
I played a game today with Xin and Yi on an enemy team. They both tried to BD us multiple times (especially Yi) and they got 2 towers this way without getting killed. Once we knew they switched to this strategy because we were winning we compensated by having someone either stay to def the base or have someone with teleport go back immediately. This caused Yi to die 3 times (though he did get an inhib in the process) and Xin once. Meanwhile we were winning the teamfights because it was 3 vs 4 and their 2 DPS champs weren't there, so we could keep pushing until we won. There's your ability to counter BD-ing. Just be aware of what's happening and don't just focus on your 'uber leet' K/D and communicate to bring down those sneaky BD'ers. Now shut up
perfect example of bd countering. Now if people would just stop QQing and change a summoner spell. I applaud many of the people in this thread who have already figured it out. +1 to you sir

X Widow Maker X

10-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeleoth View Post
OR twisted fate/pantheon could buy a ward and then ult, allwoing anyone to tele without requiring ANYTHING to be done beforehand
This smells game changing and delicious

GhostDieM

10-27-2010

Hmm might have to try the ward thing sometime, I play in a pre-made which has TF

saixx

10-28-2010

Thing to note for people thinking of the tele to ward thing, teleport makes the target invincible. Ulti in drop ward people start teleporting to it and the turret is wasting fire on a ward that takes no dmg. This allows for an even easier push.

same thing for teleporting to help a push. always target the minion getting targeted by the enemy turret.

The Drippy Sink

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieson View Post
IMO those people should use tele in, and then ult out, since their ults are faster than the summoner spell tele. But yes, BDing is very viable strat, especially against slow teams based massively on AoE skills.
The only problem with ulting out is ult's have cast times and can be interrupted. To my knowledge, Teleport cannot. So teleport is a more reliable escape device in most cases, if my knowledge is accurate.

Tree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-28-2010

Personally, I backdoor as Rammus quite a lot. I get scoffed at for it by the other team, because he's certainly not a dps tank, but his ult is amazing for it.
Powerball + Boots of speed to get to their base / turrets quickly, hit your ult and shield yourself; you'll take ~35% of your health from standing in the turret, and when you're ult is up, you can powerball away (into the jungle) and be safe from the other team. Then I proceed to wait 20 seconds for my health to regen and my ult to be up again and repeat the process at a separate turret.
My item build is a such:
1. Boots of Speed (obviously)
2. Force of Nature
3. Guardians Angel
4. Frozen Heart
5. Randiun's Omen
6. Varies, but Thornmail is always a good choice.

If you're having trouble pushing lanes, backdooring is always a great strategy, just have some map awareness and you'll be fine.

Speakes

10-28-2010

+1 for the word "strategical". I didn't know George Bush was around.

Naramiel

Recruiter

10-28-2010

My only real objection is to backdooring is that it's too easy (on a few select champs) and too hard to counter. I run Teleport most every game, but the whole point of backdooring is that a champ like Yi can take a tower down solo in about 6 seconds late-game. Even if you notice him and hit Teleport the very instant he arrives, your tower will either be (a) down when you get there, or at BEST (b) half down, and Yi Highlanders away.

His Highlander, by the way, having a much shorter CD than Teleport.

All I'd really change, though, is to raise the durability of towers even further when there are no enemy minions in sight. If someone gets their minions up to the tower, they deserve it. If they don't, then make them at least bring 2 champs, or take 10 seconds, if the tower was at full.

Pissfer

10-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grisaang View Post
The only problem with ulting out is ult's have cast times and can be interrupted. To my knowledge, Teleport cannot. So teleport is a more reliable escape device in most cases, if my knowledge is accurate.
Well, your knowledge is either inaccurate, or only knocked airborne spells can cancel tele. I KNOW singed's fling can cancel it, and I'm fairly sure that stuns do as well, as I would imagine fear would. Anything else, I doubt it (well, except suppression, but that's just Stun with no Merc Tread effect)

WithoutSkill

10-28-2010

mah gf dun wanna talk about backdoor