Lets talk about Backdoor

1234567 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BAWSS UP

10-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebaron View Post
this may sound like a really stupid question; but what is backdooring? thx in advance!
it's a thing that ******bag players who are probably sneaking games when they should be doing their pre-algebra homework do, often with bull**** justifications and broad-sided insults mixed in to try and deflect any and all suggestions of impropriety or indecency.

Churchy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Friend of Urf

10-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebaron View Post
this may sound like a really stupid question; but what is backdooring? thx in advance!
It's when players attack towers without a creepwave.
You often see it when players tank a low health tower to finish it off.
In DOTA, if you didn't have a creepwave, you were not allowed to attack the towers. It was sometimes perma-bannable.

In LoL, it is a "viable" strategy where characters like Yi, Shaco, TF, panth, and shen often charge towers when they know that the enemy team is in a different location and deal large amounts of damage and then leave before they can be caught. The strategy is frowned upon by a large portion of the community because it is focused entirely on avoiding team fights and other players in general.

ChanceDriven

10-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAWSS UP View Post
it's a thing that ******bag players who are probably sneaking games when they should be doing their pre-algebra homework do, often with bull**** justifications and broad-sided insults mixed in to try and deflect any and all suggestions of impropriety or indecency.
Dude, if the game mechanics don't prevent something then people will do it. Maybe you think that no backdooring is an obvious rule, but that's bs. I'm not going to follow any rule that someone makes up because it doesn't fit the way they want to play. Especially since they don't want it so they don't lose. Suck it up.

OBITWIZZLE

10-25-2010

all's fair in love and war.

Dahras

10-25-2010

Quote:
The only person on this thread I see insulting people is you... just saying.

BD'ing really can be annoying when you are winning the game but aren't dominating enough to kill their towers if 4 people are under them. However this problem is easily solvable. If you can't take a tower, don't stand in front of it waiting for the enemy to be stupid. Either farm or split up and take multiple towers. Or BD yourself. Or (heaven forbid) do that stuff and send someone to defend the backdoor. If you really can't put enough pressure on the enemy to outweigh or prevent enemy backdooring, you probably shouldn't be standing so far from your base anyways.

OBITWIZZLE

10-25-2010

Quote:
You're way too angry about this. If you didn't want it to happen you should have used teleport. Gets you to that tower in 4 seconds.

Gamble7

10-26-2010

The new 'element' that the OP is referring to negates one of the most basic elements of the game.. Lane Control. Knowing the status of all 3 of your lanes is a fundemental element to this game..
In theory I can understand what OP is saying.. but in practical use what you get is a team who just got rolled and then you look at your minimap and you've been backdoored by there yi. Awesome right? This only works in solo que for a reason.

BAWSS UP

10-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBITWIZZLE View Post
You're way too angry about this. If you didn't want it to happen you should have used teleport. Gets you to that tower in 4 seconds.
you are right i should have teleport as one of my two summoner spells in every game despite it being an inferior choice to other summoner spells in non-backdooring situations

i'm not even particularly angry; i just have zero respect for backdooring and the sorts of people who are willing to defend it

GhostDieM

10-26-2010

I 'backdoor'ed' your mom last night... *ducks for cover*

X Widow Maker X

10-26-2010

Good points except for the guy babbling random ****.

If you are this enraged about the method of BD then you need to make sure at least one member of your team (if not more) has teleport to prevent backdoor. You have no one to blame but yourself if you let this happen.

And i would argue that this is very viable in ranked games where the goal is to win no matter what. As i said a team with pantheon, tf, and shen, could do this very effectively and then teleport to safety.

Look if your playing for fun or enjoyment, then backdoors can ruin your game. Thats why i get annoyed when people do backdoors in normal games, because for me normal games are fun.

However getting backdoored in ranked games, yea its annoying, but i accept it as a strategic move to win the game.

1234567 ... 8