Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The New System, Kicked my Butt!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KevinJ2010

02-04-2013

Alright, I'm not a great player by any means, and I don't mean to come off as arrogant, but I just got demoted to Bronze 5 and I have some serious bones to pick with Riot now.

I had a free day on the weekend to finally sink my teeth into the new system, I was put in Bronze 5. As much as I knew I was still in "elo hell" I was happy that finally I might be able to pull myself out of this since I figured the new system will help me get ranked more where I feel I am quicker. My only goal for myself was Silver and I don't think that's a hard goal to attain. Anyways, so on this free weekend I decided to dedicate the day to getting to Bronze 4! And low and behold after about 4 game winning streak, and some other wins, I got an advancement series and won!

I took a day off from League just to not over do it. I come back and play a few more games, I win one, I lose one, I win one, I lose another one, so my LP remained close to zero. Now look at my recent 10 games... I only have 1 game where I went negative (not counting when I played support and got 26 assists) and I just can't carry my team. Low and behold I play again today, only one game today because I have work to do. I go Anivia, one of my best champs and go exceedingly positive with. Vayne goes 2/9, Taric goes 1/11, Darius goes 3/9, and here I am with 13/4 and I can't help the team because I'm squishy and slow and can't help them all the time without dying or losing my lane etc.

Anyways I lost, but here's the kicker... I get demoted! I GET DEMOTED???? I'm sorry, but what the heck am I supposed to do? I can totally understand if the rest of my team got demoted, not calling them feeders, but maybe this isn't their skill level. But yet I have to get punished, have to work this hard again just to get back to the division I already earned once just because I lost 2 games in a row and I played my very best, won my lane, and helped where ever I could and yet I now am back in Bronze 5 with 50 LP, and I have the snarky ADC on the enemy team who got fed off the Vayne and Taric calling me a noob! This is a very unpleasant experience. I'm not saying I'll quit playing League, but I'll definitely quit Solo queue after this which will definitely slow down my playing of the game.