Penalty for Queue Dodging needs to be removed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Feleas

02-04-2013

Dear Riot,
You said that by adding the queue dodge penalty in ranked matches would give trolls less control. I find that to be a load as I'm normally last pick on my team and despite calling my role first in my team, I'm always stuck with a role I'm not prepared to play and have no runes set up for. This penalty has made me drop 2 whole division on dodging alone due to people constantly saying, "I'm first pick so I get the right of it despite you calling first." This is unsportsmanlike and fustrating to say the least. Please either add a system that prevents such players from being like this or remove the penalty, I'm stuck in Bronze IV now thanks to it, thanks Riot.

Deathion

02-06-2013

Yea your game is going to ****

Feleas

02-07-2013

duh, lol. riot gave trolls even more control and power in pre-game lobbies.

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2013

Picking your role as first pick isn't trolling. Perhaps you should start being more flexible.

Hell, even in normal drafts, you should be working with your teammates - so much more so in ranked.

If you want a specific role and are unwilling or incapable of playing anything else, perhaps Blind is the game mode for you. It's not perfect, because you're still going to disrupt your teammates, but less so then in draft modes.

Zer0blizzard

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feleas View Post
Dear Riot,
You said that by adding the queue dodge penalty in ranked matches would give trolls less control. I find that to be a load as I'm normally last pick on my team and despite calling my role first in my team, I'm always stuck with a role I'm not prepared to play and have no runes set up for. This penalty has made me drop 2 whole division on dodging alone due to people constantly saying, "I'm first pick so I get the right of it despite you calling first." This is unsportsmanlike and fustrating to say the least. Please either add a system that prevents such players from being like this or remove the penalty, I'm stuck in Bronze IV now thanks to it, thanks Riot.
Stop dodging games when you are in a bad role. Learn to play every role and if that's not enough, at least get runes for every role. If the choice is between potentially losing (but not guaranteed) because you don't get the role you like, and losing elo rating because of a lane you don't like is the only one left, then you should suck it up and play.

Welcome to ELO H E L L. Population: everyone that sucks. Even you.

Zer0blizzard

02-11-2013

Bump.

Voeltz

02-11-2013

I definitely want to see this again. Why should I lose LP just because im matched with some idiot? Big mistake on riots part

Sirevanac

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toruma View Post
I definitely want to see this again. Why should I lose LP just because im matched with some idiot? Big mistake on riots part
^ this. If someone picks mid and another person says "NOPE I WANTED MID" and locks another mid, why cant i just avoid this awkward situation where I already know this game will go with handicap? D:

Zer0blizzard

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirevanac View Post
^ this. If someone picks mid and another person says "NOPE I WANTED MID" and locks another mid, why cant i just avoid this awkward situation where I already know this game will go with handicap? D:
Agreed.

Goats Head Soup

02-12-2013

Everyone calls their lanes, no complaints, last guy left with support. It gets to his turn to pick champion, "I'm not going support, someone dodge". So he waits until it picks a random champion (he gets corki) and keeps telling us to dodge. No one dodges. He trolls all game. I complain at his trolling. He reports me. I get 1 week suspension. Trolls are getting way too much power, and people aren't even allowed to complain at them.
Case 2 : http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribun.../6202876/#nogo