Season 1 all over again..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mudkip4me

02-04-2013

Seriously, in season 2, we solved the people leaving so many games by giving them the timer between joining games, but at the same time we stopped them from losing elo.

I get queued into a game, 2 of the people are afk and decide not to dodge because they have played their respective champions once or twice before, so I am pleading to them leave please, I'm up for promotion and I'd rather not lose one game early on. The entire champion selection goes through and no one leaves so I leave at the last second, I come back into the game, notice that I am not up for promotion anymore, I lost 10 points and I have an extremely long amount of time between being able to join queues.

I am an original beta player and I rarely complain about anything. Most of the time I just brush it aside and move on, but this is ridiculous. In season 1, it was if you left, you lost elo. Okay, an eye for an eye. In season 2, it was if you left, you got a long timer between being able to join queues. Now we lose points and have a ridiculous long amount of time between queues. Make up your mind Riot because even though you think you solved this "elo hell" nonsense by adding this league system, people are still going to troll, afk, leave, and feed because that's what this community does. I'd be okay if I only lost points and could join 5-10 minutes later, thats reasonable, but 30 minute timer and 10 points lost, that's not okay.

Prof Zuhayr

02-04-2013

^agreed
I say they should make it so that you MUST chat in order to play the game
or make some sort of chat where you choose your words if you cant chat.
Ex. Greetings: Hi I'd like Top
Hi I'd like Mid
Can I please have the champion ______?

mudkip4me

02-04-2013

See little things like that could help the game so much more, or in World of Warcraft for example, you queue specifically as one role, where you can queue as a Tank, DPS or Healer. For this you can queue as a Jungle/Top/Mid/ADC/Support. We all know the meta is 1 top, 2 bot, 1 mid and 1 jungler. No one really varies from that meta besides the Koreans. There should really be some type of check between champion selection and the actual game.

adc

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof Zuhayr View Post
^agreed
I say they should make it so that you MUST chat in order to play the game
or make some sort of chat where you choose your words if you cant chat.
Ex. Greetings: Hi I'd like Top
Hi I'd like Mid
Can I please have the champion ______?
What if I just want to go queue for a game and play whatever I get stuck with, without having to bother talking to people? I do that fairly often - hell, it's not uncommon for me to get a lobby where we have one, at most 2, people talking and the rest of us just fill without saying anything.

mudkip4me

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD Bottom View Post
What if I just want to go queue for a game and play whatever I get stuck with, without having to bother talking to people? I do that fairly often - hell, it's not uncommon for me to get a lobby where we have one, at most 2, people talking and the rest of us just fill without saying anything.
Could queue as filler as well, and not worry about what the team does have and just worry about what the team needs and doesn't have.

mudkip4me

02-04-2013

BUMP riot must see my anger

Propheciah

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudkip4me View Post
See little things like that could help the game so much more, or in World of Warcraft for example, you queue specifically as one role, where you can queue as a Tank, DPS or Healer. For this you can queue as a Jungle/Top/Mid/ADC/Support. We all know the meta is 1 top, 2 bot, 1 mid and 1 jungler. No one really varies from that meta besides the Koreans. There should really be some type of check between champion selection and the actual game.
While the meta is most often followed, creating this system would heavily limit player's choices and ultimately make the game less fun. This game is falling short of innovation and meta sheeple are running rampant, doing this would only prevent free thinking and would be a step in the wrong direction, IMO. I do see where you are coming from, though. Its not that I disagree with the meta, of course I follow it, but the ability to switch things up and keep the game fresh is something players should NEVER lack. The problem is that most systems to counter trolls that have been discussed by players can also be counter productive to the growth of the game and/or can be exploited in a bad way.

mudkip4me

02-04-2013

True thats very true