new system is a failure..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

joeperreco

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2013

out of all the games since the season 3 patch launched, i've had win streaks and small losing streaks. if i can go on 7 game win streaks often and have a 3 game losing streak upon entering the next tier i get dropped back down. i thought winning 7 games in a row proved with my 2/2 wins in the challenge to raise meant that i was ready to move up. can someone explain to me where 3 games with 2 of them having trolls/afks means i should be dropped again? i play to prove i can move up the ladders and it isnt working because riot fails to implement a system where there are ANY points forgiven or even raise the loss streak requirement to be dropped. i mean i love this game and i've spent plenty of money on skins because i love them, but riot really thinks 3 losses means i should be dropped? come on, this is just pathetic and i can't believe they couldn't think of something better. of course not to mention someone going on win streaks, it would take WAY more games to move up to just gold than it used to take, just because the stupid 2/3 wins needed to move up a tier. as if trolls/afks couldnt ruin that too, than you get to start all over.

am i the only one being screwed even more now than with the old ELO system? this seems retarded

OnWingsOfShadow

02-05-2013

It's a garbage system, because they're all garbage systems. There is virtually no way they can regulate points/relegation based on whether or not you were trolled in game or got disconnected or something.

Then there's theses 2/3 games, which are designed for the 5v5 and 3v3 ladders. They are broken and literally serve no purpose in solo queue. The chance of trolls and leavers is miraculously tripled when you're about to advance. The matchmaking system is not in-depth enough to pair you with other people who are also on the verge of moving up. Either that, or there aren't just nine other people in your tier/division about to move up on the entire server... which I don't buy at all.

Now, this is my gripe: the ranked matchmaking system as a whole is broken. I thought the purpose of ranked was to prove yourself at your skill level and move up in the ranks as you got progressively better. In theory, you could hit a wall where your skills just aren't high enough to succeed, which is where you would find your rank. That's how good you can be, at your best, and unless you find a way to get better, there you'll stay. Sounds great, doesn't it? In a perfect world, the ranked queues would run this way.

Unfortunately, Riot has developed no such system. Lower tier players are facing people massively more practiced and skilled than they are. Add that onto the pool of trolls that lurk, and you've got yourself a 15-20 game losing streak, easy. You're constantly matched up with/against people miles above you. Not only are you getting dominated, but you're dragging your infinitely more skilled team down, making for a perfectly miserable experience.

I refuse to believe there aren't ten players at a lower skill level, in a queue, at the same time. With the amount of people that play this game at all hours of the day, it is literally impossible to comprehend such a thing. Why this garbage matchmaking computer can't just put these ten people into a game together blows my mind. If you can't develop a script that can do this at a consistent pace, then you can not run a 'ranked' solo queue and call it a day. I would rather be told that no one at my current rank could be found than sit through a thirty minute ass-kicking against three golds, a silver, and a bronze smurf with one pissed off platinum and three unranked trolls on my team.

It's just a matter of getting lucky with this trash system, apparently. You could be the most skilled player in the world, but if you keep getting trolls on your team, you lose all day. Conversely, you could be a mediocre, casual player against five trolls with four decent people on your team every game and you would suddenly be flying up the ranks, despite not being all that good to begin with.

Don't tell me the ranks haven't been 'fleshed out'... or that there just haven't been enough people getting ranked for the system to begin finding better matches. I'll call that BS any minute of the day. This system was implemented with team ladders in mind, and it flat-out can not work with solo players.

MileHighJew

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowSunderslew View Post
The chance of trolls and leavers is miraculously tripled when you're about to advance.
So, the chance before was 44.4% and now it got tripled to 133.3% chance? That sound more like a curse than a miracle.

OnWingsOfShadow

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileHighBrew View Post
So, the chance before was 44.4% and now it got tripled to 133.3% chance? That sound more like a curse than a miracle.
Hyperbole is a wonderful thing, isn't it?

MileHighJew

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowSunderslew View Post
Hyperbole is a wonderful thing, isn't it?
Not as wonderful as sarcasm.

OnWingsOfShadow

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileHighBrew View Post
Not as wonderful as sarcasm.
Oh, don't get that sibling rivalry underway again. They are both definitely of the same mother.