Top Stats Tracking?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

knav

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-02-2009

Was wondering anyone has mentioned an overall achievements tracking system, e.g. listing players with:

- Most number of kills a game
- Most number of deaths a game (me)
- Most damage done in a game
- Most creeps farmed

Or perhaps a personal achievements system, since I want to be reminded of the most number of deaths I've had in a game.

Thanks

NwGKenny

08-02-2009

no need, everyone knows i would be 1st

Lima Beans

Core Engineer

08-02-2009
1 of 4 Riot Posts

This actually used to be in the game until about a month ago. We are currently working on redoing those screens and they will be making a return.

Snice

08-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by knav View Post
Was wondering anyone has mentioned an overall achievements tracking system, e.g. listing players with:

- Most number of kills a game
- Most number of deaths a game (me)
- Most damage done in a game
- Most creeps farmed

Or perhaps a personal achievements system, since I want to be reminded of the most number of deaths I've had in a game.

Thanks
Something like this will just result in people farming creeps/champions and the such to appear on a statistical page rather than promoting the W. There's enough of a problem already with people jungling instead of pushing/ganking its sad

Lima Beans

Core Engineer

08-02-2009
2 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snice View Post
Something like this will just result in people farming creeps/champions and the such to appear on a statistical page rather than promoting the W. There's enough of a problem already with people jungling instead of pushing/ganking its sad
Yeah we are aware of this tendency, and the problem that its caused in some other games. This is one of the reasons its gone right now and we are trying to make sure we do it in the right way before bringing it back.

cwatz

Adjudicator

08-02-2009

On the front page of a summoner profile it should have times played and then wins/losses instead of kills and deaths. Any stat that ever shows k/d should be private at all times or this behavior gets encouraged.

Think about it, if the game didn't even have a scoreboard, would people give a **** about K/D ratios ever? The fact is people really like it, so you just need extra motivation in other places to make them focus on winning.

stevesteve

08-02-2009

I think the personal scores with different characters would be cool, i only really play one so seeing his actual k/d ratio would be nice or in those random times i play someone i normally dont to see that i am really bad with cm.

knav

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwatz View Post
On the front page of a summoner profile it should have times played and then wins/losses instead of kills and deaths. Any stat that ever shows k/d should be private at all times or this behavior gets encouraged.

Think about it, if the game didn't even have a scoreboard, would people give a **** about K/D ratios ever? The fact is people really like it, so you just need extra motivation in other places to make them focus on winning.
I see your point. It would still be awesome if we could have records only for personal viewing, perhaps like an achievement system, with achievements that do not discourage teamplay and contribution to the game

Snice

08-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lima Beans View Post
Yeah we are aware of this tendency, and the problem that its caused in some other games. This is one of the reasons its gone right now and we are trying to make sure we do it in the right way before bringing it back.
Glad to know you guys are taking this into consideration when contemplating future implementation.

Marduke

Adjudicator

08-02-2009

Personally, I think it would be better to be able to see detailed stats per game, instead of a grand total of every game.

Have every single game be tracked, and let the end score board of every game to be reviewable. Saved replays for every game would be awesome too.