New System Should Have A "Safety" Feature.

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ROKAF JE

Senior Member

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insult View Post
would be a valid argument if they perm banned them.

I hit 2 permabans my first 20 cases, and that number continues to rise.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Veelia

Senior Member

02-04-2013

People get permabanned, yes. But there will always be trolls. Just like there will always be those people in society who feel the need to put others down to make themselves feel good. You can't just weed all of them out. Kids download this everyday. I'm just hoping for something to help the people who have been hurt by them ranking wise, etc.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KamikazeArchon

Senior Member

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veelia View Post
People get permabanned, yes. But there will always be trolls. Just like there will always be those people in society who feel the need to put others down to make themselves feel good. You can't just weed all of them out. Kids download this everyday. I'm just hoping for something to help the people who have been hurt by them ranking wise, etc.
That something exists - it's the "play again" button. Damage to your ranking is not permanent; just play another game or two and you'll be back up.

The thing is, the ranked system is optimized for competitive players. Those players are expected to play hundreds of games. Plus or minus one win doesn't really matter when you're playing that often.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Flagrock

Senior Member

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD Bottom View Post
Everyone brings this up, and there are two giant problems with this:

First, say I'm playing ADC bot lane and I'm 2/0. My top lane gives the enemy top lane 4 kills because he gets camped, and my mid lane goes 0/6 because he got completely outplayed. Now, normally I'd just take the loss on the chin and get over it - but now I know that if one of them leaves, I won't lose anything! So I pressure them and generally be a toxic player to get them to try to leave so that I don't lose Elo.

Second, the problem is the community, not the game. You can't fix the community by changing the game, sadly, as far as I know.
Yes, you would be someone to do that... Anyways, the problem could easily be addressed and fixed pre-game lobby. Make a simple system of "surrender" game BEFORE the game starts if you have a troll. It's an auto-que "dodge" where if 4 people on a team vote yes then the que is disbanded and they don't have to play the game. "but that could be abused" you say. Simple: make the timer for using this feature the same as if you would have "dodged" the que. So, you can try your luck at another ranked lobby or do a normal waiting for that "dodge" time to go down. This stops trolling because no people won't be punished by having to wait 30 minutes to play another game and then it can't be "abused" because it's the same as a "que-dodge" timer and if you use it after the 30 minutes it goes to the next step like "dodging". Heck if Riot's really feeling nice, add in a report function too so that those trolls that are forcing those dives are then reported and can zoom up and get into the tribunal...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

adc

Member

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagrock View Post
Yes, you would be someone to do that... Anyways, the problem could easily be addressed and fixed pre-game lobby. Make a simple system of "surrender" game BEFORE the game starts if you have a troll. It's an auto-que "dodge" where if 4 people on a team vote yes then the que is disbanded and they don't have to play the game. "but that could be abused" you say. Simple: make the timer for using this feature the same as if you would have "dodged" the que. So, you can try your luck at another ranked lobby or do a normal waiting for that "dodge" time to go down. This stops trolling because no people won't be punished by having to wait 30 minutes to play another game and then it can't be "abused" because it's the same as a "que-dodge" timer and if you use it after the 30 minutes it goes to the next step like "dodging". Heck if Riot's really feeling nice, add in a report function too so that those trolls that are forcing those dives are then reported and can zoom up and get into the tribunal...
So what you're saying is you want a 30 minute cooldown timer on something that doesn't even stop the troll from immediately queueing up again.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Voyles

Senior Member

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROKAF JE View Post
Tribunal takes care of that. These players will be weeded out eventually.
Yes and the world will end eventually.

Tribunal has not really taken care of any of these problems or people wouldn't be complaining about them everyday on the forums.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aquilux

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-04-2013

I don't do much ranked, but my friends complain about this all the time. I totally agree with a loss forgiven mechanic for leavers. A good point was brought up that people would become more toxic to make teammates leave. There must be a solution though... Perhaps a reduced loss penalty to ease the pain of leavers which probably still wouldn't encourage a losing team to leave. Then again, this is most important for people who play at higher levels. Maybe a loss forgiven system could be implemented for gold and up because people that involved in the game aren't likely to risk their accounts with toxic behavior or afk reports leading to bans. Then again to play ranked you must be level 30, and I would call that involvement enough to not want to risk a permaban.

TL;DR: Loss forgiven to teams who suffer a leaver is a good idea. Level 30s should not risk their accounts harassing players to leave and won't simply leave themselves in fear of AFK reports leading to a permaban.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Roman1209

Junior Member

02-04-2013

Tribunal takes care of Accounts not People. 1 troll may have few accounts. The only way to stop it is to ban theyr IP or add an unique number to every LOL download and attach it to multiply accounts from the same client. Every unique account would have to be assign by the IP though for best result.

For me the problem is that even if u report AFK, DC, Troll or Feeder in a game that you lost you are not going to be refunded points in ranked system.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IFhuckNewbs

Junior Member

02-04-2013

OP items are made


12