New System Should Have A "Safety" Feature.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Veelia

02-04-2013

Okay so, I just got out of a game where we were in que, and this guy says nothing during champ select, is last to pick, and autolocks in Morde, when we already have a top and a mid. When asked why, he says "Because EU servers are down and I don't give a ****. This is my alt and I don't care if we win or lose so flame all you want". Then when the game starts, he says that he's put everyone on ignore, and then starts to flame people, like the poor Vi hat got countered by Darius and ganked, etc. We're doing fine, then he suddenly says, "EU servers are back. I'm leaving. Bye trash" and just leaves. Then he comes back at the last second because "EU servers died again and why the **** haven't you given up yet?"

So the point behind this story is:

I'm trying to get a ranking. And I que'd with my boyfriend who already has a ranking. What I'm suggesting is there should be these situations where someone has left and then that game is automatically not counted towards our ELO. When it's a 4 v 5 the team that won shouldn't be glorified for winning, and the team that loses shouldn't have it counted against them.

He lost 21 points for losing that game, and I got a regular loss added the factor for me getting ranked.

Idk when someone does this, there should be a way so these trolls don't effect your elo.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure there isn't a "grace loss" that is given to us by riot. My boyfriend went 8-2 and still got Silver rank 1 =\.

ROKAF JE

02-04-2013

Not every game as an auto lock EU Mordekaiser though.

Veelia

02-04-2013

What I'm saying is, there needs to be a way to punish people who troll or instant-leave. This is a problem that has not happened to me just once. And I know other people get trolled game by game like this. Its people's sick way of messing up others elo to make themselves feel better about something.

adc

02-04-2013

Everyone brings this up, and there are two giant problems with this:

First, say I'm playing ADC bot lane and I'm 2/0. My top lane gives the enemy top lane 4 kills because he gets camped, and my mid lane goes 0/6 because he got completely outplayed. Now, normally I'd just take the loss on the chin and get over it - but now I know that if one of them leaves, I won't lose anything! So I pressure them and generally be a toxic player to get them to try to leave so that I don't lose Elo.

Second, the problem is the community, not the game. You can't fix the community by changing the game, sadly, as far as I know.

Veelia

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD Bottom View Post
Everyone brings this up, and there are two giant problems with this:

First, say I'm playing ADC bot lane and I'm 2/0. My top lane gives the enemy top lane 4 kills because he gets camped, and my mid lane goes 0/6 because he got completely outplayed. Now, normally I'd just take the loss on the chin and get over it - but now I know that if one of them leaves, I won't lose anything! So I pressure them and generally be a toxic player to get them to try to leave so that I don't lose Elo.

Second, the problem is the community, not the game. You can't fix the community by changing the game, sadly, as far as I know.
ou can't fix these people, but they can possible make a way so you're not directly punished by them. Maybe like having a "contest this" button where it gets sent to the tribunal and they look to see if it was a fair match or... in this case, someone obviously trolled and left. Then it doesn't get counted against your ranking and you don't lose points. And your analogy would make you a generally toxic player (anyone forcing people to leave should be considered in the same division as these people that leave on their own). So idk, decent players who wouldn't do that shouldn't be punished.

Veelia

02-04-2013

LoudFootSteps

02-04-2013

There should be a something like if someone leaves, the chat and everything gets sent to the Tribunal and such. If someone is accused of trolling or anything like that, 3/4th of the points are given back to the other players. I wouldn't say all of the points, because if you do then the people who got points need to have their points taken away. Assuming they get to the next division and have no points to take away, then they keep their points which means points have randomly been added to their total.

adc

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veelia View Post
ou can't fix these people, but they can possible make a way so you're not directly punished by them. Maybe like having a "contest this" button where it gets sent to the tribunal and they look to see if it was a fair match or... in this case, someone obviously trolled and left. Then it doesn't get counted against your ranking and you don't lose points. And your analogy would make you a generally toxic player (anyone forcing people to leave should be considered in the same division as these people that leave on their own). So idk, decent players who wouldn't do that shouldn't be punished.
Ok, so you send it to some system similar to the tribunal. Now Player A - as well as everyone else in the game - who reported the game because he got trolled can't play any more games before the game is judged.

Honestly, I wish you could implement something like this - it would be really nice. But it's either very difficult or impossible. I bet you Riot has seen this post at least once, considering how often it's posted, and they'd probably love to do it if there was some way to do it effectively and without chance for abuse.

ROKAF JE

02-04-2013

Tribunal takes care of that. These players will be weeded out eventually.

Think of how long it takes a troll or leaver to re-level to 30 after being permabanned?

Insult

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROKAF JE View Post
Tribunal takes care of that. These players will be weeded out eventually.

Think of how long it takes a troll or leaver to re-level to 30 after being permabanned?

would be a valid argument if they perm banned them.