New Free Champion Rotation (Season Three: Week 1)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xHeimtechZX

02-04-2013

Well, last week's one was really good (Malzahar, the one that is never in rotation, Maokai, and Lulu..) and I enjoyed it very much. I guess Riot wanted to balance it out by making a boring rotation .___. There's almost no point in buying Amumu; he's free all the damn time >.< Why don't you just make him 450 already and keep him out of rotation?
Suggestions for a rotation: AP Cassiopeia (one I never saw in rotation), Support/AP Karma (another I never see in rotation..she could use some love), Jungle Trundle (him too), Jungle/top Shaco (him as well), Support/tank Thresh (eventually needs a rotation), Bruiser Jayce, Assassin Talon, and 450/carry Ashe (since Riot likes to have 450's in the rotation). Other two champs can be whoever ^.^

Hammersprenger

02-04-2013

Non-450 IP champions that should be in the free rotation soon:

Veigar, Heimerdinger, Shaco, Shen, Trundle, Cassiopeia, Karma, Fizz, Fiora, Darius, Draven, Jayce, Diana, Rengar

We've seen champs like Hecarim and Varus a few times since their release, and many of these are from around the same time or earlier. Zyra was free recently too, so why can't other champs start making their second appearance?

Sourichiro

02-04-2013

Yo how do i get them are they just in the store...
sorry fellas im a hell noob at this.. LoL

Farranor

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammersprenger View Post
Non-450 IP champions that should be in the free rotation soon:

Veigar, Heimerdinger, Shaco, Shen, Trundle, Cassiopeia, Karma, Fizz, Fiora, Darius, Draven, Jayce, Diana, Rengar

We've seen champs like Hecarim and Varus a few times since their release, and many of these are from around the same time or earlier. Zyra was free recently too, so why can't other champs start making their second appearance?
Champs are put in the free rotation approximately Whenever Riot Wants To. Karma in particular is notable because she has actually been removed from the free rotation due to balance issues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourichiro View Post
When you go into champion select with your team, they will simply be available for you to pick. The week's free ones will have a little exclamation mark icon on their portraits. The new week generally kicks in on Tuesday morning.

Anglada

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourichiro View Post
I'm gonna take your question at face value and assume that you are not trolling. The free champions will appear at the champion select screen when you join a game, they are not free in the store.

ZUBEMARU

02-04-2013

When will Fiora will be free

Anglada

02-04-2013

Amumu, Viktor, Udyr and Xin Zhao were all free to play from Dec 25th to Dec 31st. Please try and mix up the rotations a bit more Riot.

Sbeck

02-04-2013

Review the rotation please...

dat hacker noob

02-04-2013

Don't want to sound like a hater or something but this is the ****tiest champions' free week ever.

DoableStingray

02-04-2013

Anyone know approx time on when these'll be live? Wondering if I should stay up to give nautilus a test run...