Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Reduce Crystaline Flask to 325 gold?

Yes 86 83.5%
No 17 16.5%
Voters 103 .

Still looking at flask

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kholdstare13

02-04-2013

Could we PLEASE make this 20g cheaper? It doesn't fit into any starting build. Summoner's Rift players will argue that they want flask + 2 wards as a start. Dominion players want boots + 700g + flask, whether that 700 is a tear or a cloth + a 400g item, it just FITS at 325. Flask is the kind of item you WANT to start with, rather than pick up your first time back. Please adjust the cost so we can start with the item. Nerf the healing by 1 second if you must, I just want to be able to afford it while keeping 21 points in offense or defense.

Edit: 4/30/13

With the changes to potions focused on Summoner's Rift sustain, I really feel more focus should be put on promoting flask as an alternative to potions instead of a way to stack that one extra charge in at first buy. I posted an original idea that might achieve this while allowing the price to be lowered.

Darkfriend337

02-04-2013

Ya, if I can't start with a good flask build, I don't normally buy it. Maybe flask+ward+pot as mid in ranked 5s, but otherwise I have less sustain early game, and I'd rather get Fairy+pots.

67chrome

02-04-2013

I'm not sure it's really a solid purchase in Dominion, unless you're in the bottom lane. Otherwise healing potions are more useful as a dump for extra gold, but not that necessary.

Irelia Bot

02-05-2013

They made it cost as much as it does now because it was being abused as a starting item. Get flask with some other item and you have great lain sustain until you went back and got some other items.

The PKK Revenge

02-05-2013

But there's the problem really. Flask wasn't the cause of there being too much sustain, it was the fact that almost no one starts boots any more. I mean look at what players are doing sense the cost increase of flask, now they just start with a few wards and a ton of health pots. While I'm not totally against the cost increase of flask, it didn't really solve the problem that it was suppose to. It might have decreased sustain after the first back, but before the first back there is still a lot of sustain from pots.

Acanthus

02-05-2013

Actually, they increased the price because top laners were going flask + 13 pots or something absurd like that. They wanted to kill that play, so they increased the price (and the gains to compensate).

The PKK Revenge

02-05-2013

Yeah but top can still get what was it, 1 or 2 wards and like 11 pots or something? It's slightly less sustain but I'm sure that's still way too much. Like I said, I'm not against the cost increase but I don't think it completely 'fixed' the sustain issue. Helped, yes, but it didn't get rid of it.

Mradr

02-05-2013

Not just tops.. but supports as well...

I mean I understand the increase... but at the same time... I don't think they will ever be able to add a item like this.... mainly because you have to fight pot cost and "over time" play. It's just too good at a lower cost... and too poor at a higher cost (mainly because people want more room in their bags at "one point&quot. As for supports... it was just offering too much sustain in lane.

Kholdstare13

02-05-2013

I'm not against the cost increase, 225 was insanely low and allowed that crazy potion sustain on SR. I'm just upset at how MUCH they increased the cost. a 100g increase to 325 would have allowed for tons of starting builds. It's that last 20g that kills the item. I find myself starting boots + tear, capping bot, then immediately hitting B for a flask. This needs to stop. 20 gold is all it would take to fit this into a huge diversity of builds. I'm not even mad about the patch to remove all active stacks after returning to base. I just want to be able to start with this item.

IonDragonX

02-05-2013

Make it 300 gold.