Doing Really Badly

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

celloangelninja

05-06-2013

When I first started, I was actually not that bad (played Teemo) and now I'm REALLY bad at almost every single game I play. Help please? I currently play Teemo and Kennen, and am level 14

Private Shorty

05-06-2013

Ok, so you build AP Teemo, but your rushing the big items you don't need, and your farm isn't allowing for you to spend that much.

3 tips that will help ANY league player, no matter how good.

1) Max cs per 10 min is 108, but that's impossbile, your wanna shoot to get at least 150 by 20 min, if your solo lane / adc.

2) Dodge skillshots. Get better at anticipating where your enemy will shoot, and NEVER, EVER, run away from your enemy in a straight line.

3) Learn new champions, on a week where Annie, Renekton, and Teemo are free, don't stick with Teemo, learn to play Renekton, or at least learn his basic abilities, so you know how to dodge, and eventually counter them as Teemo, or any other champ.

The main point is, you need to work on last-hitting minions, don't auto-attack early game, just go for the last shot to kill the minion. And as a lvl 23, I still suck at it :P

But don't worry, every loss you have, step back and think to yourself, "Where did it start to go bad for me?" Because if you learn about your mistakes, you can try to fix them. What it seems like to me is, your spending too much on big items, when you could build more small items, then build them up late. And if you can get at least 75 cs every 10 min you should be able to wreck anyone at your level.

Ladayen

05-06-2013

You in game right now? Sent you a friend request.

TehomCD

05-07-2013

Prioritize Runaan's Hurricane much lower - while an interesting item, it doesn't help much when fighting a single target, so it makes you very weak in duel situations when you rush it. Where an item like that shines is very late in the game in teamfights, so you should normally get it much later.

You should consider intermediate buys of smaller items so you're not crippled if you struggle early on. Level 1 boots if you're against a melee in lane who you need to kite or if you need to dodge skillshots, for example. Doran's blades if you need a lot of self-healing due to high harass. Doran's shield if you're against a ranged physical damage autoattacker. Don't be afraid of buying a lot of potions, too. Your goal should be to try to recall as infrequently as possible, going back only when you're low on health/mana and it's no longer safe to be in lane, so you miss as few creep kills as you can.