Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Riot Explain League Points to me?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Steve Le Pirate

02-04-2013

I win 2 games I have 41 League Points.

I lose 1 game and I'm down to 12.

That's an average of 20.5 per win and 29 per loss.

How is anyone supposed to level up?

Not QQ-ing. Just asking what the logic is there.

Crusader

02-04-2013

win is the only way to go, isnt that how it is even in old system ? win 12 elo lose 12 elo get u no where my friend

Steve Le Pirate

02-04-2013

Quote:
Crusader:
win is the only way to go, isnt that how it is even in old system ? win 12 elo lose 12 elo get u no where my friend

I'm not sure what your point is

Crusader

02-04-2013

old elo system = win 12 lose 12 = u have to win forever or u wont go anywhere or u will go straight down 900 elo

new ranking sytem = win x lose y where y > x = u end up with 0 point in that division or will be demoted down to division V of that tier and never below that,

and if x > y = yeh u r good

Steve Le Pirate

02-04-2013

Quote:
Crusader:
old elo system = win 12 lose 12 = u have to win forever or u wont go anywhere or u will go straight down 900 elo

new ranking sytem = win x lose y where y > x = u end up with 0 point in that division or will be demoted down to division V of that tier and never below that,

and if x > y = yeh u r good

But why is 2 losses THAT MUCH greater than 3 wins?

Steve Le Pirate

02-04-2013

bump

Steve Le Pirate

02-04-2013

bump again?

shadowshifte

02-04-2013

go read the red posts about this. you have a low mmr because the system doesn't think you belong as high as you are. therefore you lose more than you gain from a win until it believes you deserve the rating.

Steve Le Pirate

02-04-2013

Quote:
shadowshifte:
go read the red posts about this. you have a low mmr because the system doesn't think you belong as high as you are. therefore you lose more than you gain from a win until it believes you deserve the rating.

Ahhhh. Ok. That's why it has started normalizing lately then. Thanks for the heads-up.