New Ranked System Still Broken?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Minivin

02-04-2013

New ranking still needs to be touched up. Like A LOT! Even though Riot said that we are going to be playing people in our own divisions, THAT'S A RETARDED LIE! Played a few games where I was playing with people BELOW my own division.

Example: I'm in Silver Division 4, Janna's Judicators. I go for solo queue. Found out after my match when my ADC did absolutly no damage and had a terrible early/mid game build that they were in BRONZE 5. ALMOST THE VERY BOTTOM! How did i get teamed up with this guy? duo?

Seems to me that all they did was change the interface of ranked play, but not the actually matchmaking into ranked play. Also been reading around that people have been losing more points than winning. I believe I've been in the same boat already. Won like 2, loss 2, then win 3 in a row, lose 2 more. After that i win like 2 more and im barely at 30 points. 0_0 Doesnt make sense at all does it?

*Rage post ed*

FIN Sawyer30

02-04-2013

The thing about these points is that they're unrewarding for wins and highly punishing for losses.

I believe I saw a forum post where people said that they won 4 games then lost 1 and got reset to 0 because of it.

Another thing I played a streak of games and lost 4 in a row and got moved down a division. I understand that losing moves you down, BUT to make it fair, they have playoff matches to move up, why not have them to move down? It'd warn you that you're on your way out and you need to play harder/better. I think they should implement that but maybe it's just me.

KingAco

02-07-2013

dude dude happened to me to i was in Series best of 5 to be promoted to gold
won first game and boom i lost 4 games in a row and got Demoted to Division 2 LIKE WHAT dude i was just about to be promoted to gold how did i get demoted really retarded sistem and after 20 game 15 wins 5 losees i came back to Division 1 now i have to play another atleast 20 games to get to the Best of 5 Series to get to gold ARE U SERIOUES I HAVE A LIFE i just cant play the game 24/7 if i just want to get to gold League LIKE WTF

Fargo79

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyer30 View Post
The thing about these points is that they're unrewarding for wins and highly punishing for losses.

I believe I saw a forum post where people said that they won 4 games then lost 1 and got reset to 0 because of it.

Another thing I played a streak of games and lost 4 in a row and got moved down a division. I understand that losing moves you down, BUT to make it fair, they have playoff matches to move up, why not have them to move down? It'd warn you that you're on your way out and you need to play harder/better. I think they should implement that but maybe it's just me.
i agree 100%... its way too easy to move down then it is to move up... the match making is broken.. im silver 4 and im gettign matched with bronze 1-2 and i have seen a bronze 4 in my game must have been a duo... but still dumb...

Chasing Ghosts

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minivin View Post
New ranking still needs to be touched up. Like A LOT! Even though Riot said that we are going to be playing people in our own divisions, THAT'S A RETARDED LIE! Played a few games where I was playing with people BELOW my own division.
actually riot said the opposite, i dont know where you think you saw they said you would be playing with only ppl in your division, you probably just imagined it.

taken from the Q/A link- http://competitive.na.leagueoflegends.com/season-3-faq
and i have read this in atleast 1 other page.

"No. Matchmaking isn’t affected by your league, and you’ll still be competing against all opponents of your skill level in the League of Legends community. Your league measures your progress against a set of opponents of similar skill level, but doesn’t restrict competition solely to those players."

Feeling Real

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasing Ghosts View Post
actually riot said the opposite, i dont know where you think you saw they said you would be playing with only ppl in your division, you probably just imagined it.

taken from the Q/A link- http://competitive.na.leagueoflegends.com/season-3-faq
and i have read this in atleast 1 other page.

"No. Matchmaking isn’t affected by your league, and you’ll still be competing against all opponents of your skill level in the League of Legends community. Your league measures your progress against a set of opponents of similar skill level, but doesn’t restrict competition solely to those players."

Playing against people with a similar skill level, but never with.