Can gangplank still be built as a critcannon?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Riot Uracan

Player Support Manager - Latin America

02-04-2013
3 of 9 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf View Post
*Cough* Riot Uracan, you never added me in game from your Spanish Player Support thread
Agh, my apologies actually was out of the country for a bit. Are you on atm? Actually patching up here ( been gone that long ). Wanted to try out gangplank mid!

R Truth

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Uracan View Post
Agh, my apologies actually was out of the country for a bit. Are you on atm? Actually patching up here ( been gone that long ). Wanted to try out gangplank mid!
I added you, you don't have to accept, but it has been my life dream just to see the word Riot on my friends list for 1 second, if I see that I can rest happily tonight.

Werewolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

02-04-2013

Quote:
Yep, I am on, message me in game when ready.

Fox P McCloud

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2013

Anyone can; is it effective on everyone? No.

Is it effective on GP? I'd say no, sadly.

MissButtahNips

02-04-2013

I usually start with a mana crystal, rush sheen, then build frozen mallet after whatever boots I want. Then I get Triforce when I can, and get shiv for fun. lol usually works pree well

ThatNinjaGuy

02-04-2013

Start with Brawler's and maybe pots.
Rush Avarice>Philo>Kage
Get boots>greaves
Get Infinity Edge>Trinity Force
Warmogs>Atma's
Get a Bloodthirster next
Sell boots and get a phantom dancer
You end up with 80% crit chance and 389 damage as well as a bit of durability.
Sell kage and philo but keep avarice for atma's
This is my favorite build. Full crit chance runes would bring you to 100% and full crit damage runes would bring you to 305% crit damage

Big Fat Unicorn

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetlemeyer View Post
ap gangplank confirmed for trolling
I'll just leave this here.

Buk Wild

02-04-2013

Quote:
Just a bit of conjecture / theorycrafting: Have actually been considering taking him mid.

Generally harder to get ganked. Oranges provide decent sustain and most mids if they go traditional caster will get outpoked if they're skill shot reliant.

Would never take it say vs a ryze or karthus. But against someone like Evelynn, Ori, maybe even katarina? I'd say he stands a fairly decent chance. His mobility should make him a decent roamer and if not you have your ult to back that up. The main challenge will be wave clearer's. But a Hydra should take care of that just fine. Also phys caster gangplank? Toss a muramana ala Ryze style.
GP actually crushes Ryze and Karthus, his Parrrley just hurts squishies way too much for them to be able to lane against him.

Muramana + Iceborn on GP is just sicknasty

ThatNinjaGuy

02-04-2013

Just had some amazing luck early game. With 8% crit chance I brought the enemy Darius to one bar with two Qs where an ignite finished him. Afterwards got 2 crits on the enemy Corki with only 10% crit chance.

Riot Uracan

Player Support Manager - Latin America

02-04-2013
4 of 9 Riot Posts

true to form just played a game against a good kennen who just wave cleared and roamed. Blind pick makes gangplank sad.

To the gentleman questioning base stats.

HP values

GP : 495
Eve : 414
Karthus: 390
Katarina: 395
Ryze: 360

that and he starts with 54 AD, on par with Renek / Xin / olaf.

Granted his HP scaling isn't fantastic. Will need to practice this more but it could be a fun niche pick.