does amumu's ulti require you to stand still?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MightyLlama

02-04-2013

Hi. Just started learning amumu. Couple questions.

Does his ulti require that you stand still for full effect? Does it require that you dont cast any other spells?

How can his ulti be interrupted?

Does using tantrum active remove the passive?

Is sunfire cape still a good item for him? I belive it was nerfed.

Thanks,
-Llama

JoEpic

02-04-2013

bump

katyyyyyyyyyyy

02-04-2013

once you gotten sunfire cape you clear incredibly fast whilst being incredibly tanky on champs like amumu and sejuani(who have aoe clearing and are tanky). the tanks trading potential would go way up, due to high cs and high damage and high tankiness.

tldr: sunfire cape was just brought in line a bit. but it still is a great item for amumu or any tanky aoe clearer who has sticking potential.

Andarel

02-04-2013

Amumu's ultimate has a short cast time but cannot be interrupted. He can cast other spells while his ultimate is dropped, and Despair will continue ticking. Note that you people hit can still cast spells, or do anything other than move/autoattack. Notably, pop Locket of the Iron Solari (which is a good counter to AoE ultimates like Amumu's because it removes a lot of the forced followup damage).

Using Tantrum does not remove the passive damage reduction.

Zisi

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyLlama View Post
Does his ulti require that you stand still for full effect? Does it require that you don't cast any other spells?
You do not need to stand still, you can use any ability you wish at any time.

Quote:
How can his ulti be interrupted?
It cannot be interrupted

Quote:
Does using tantrum active remove the passive?
It does not

Quote:
Is sunfire cape still a good item for him? I believe it was nerfed.
Great item, it got nerfed because it was too great, its still great. Generally your going to build either a warmogs or sunfire on amumu depending on the distribution of incoming damage. If it's ad heavy go sunfire.

MightyLlama

02-04-2013

cool thanks. Another question after playing a game. Is it ok that I get a lot of kills due to the sunfire auora? I am able to turn of my auora spell but i was only able to give away kills about half the time.

OhBoyItsaMegaman

02-04-2013

You shouldn't be trying that hard to give kills away.

Andarel

02-04-2013

There's no real problem with getting kills. If sunfire steals a kill then...too bad? As long as you're winning teamfights it's all good.

Zisi

02-04-2013

*ideally* you would let your adc > mid > top get the kills before you. However its more important to secure the kill, so if your 100% sure that your kill isn't going to get away you should try to feed it to someone else.

As for sunfire, it's a really low chance of it actually getting the kill, so don't worry about that. You do need to be somewhat careful with it when your giving your blue to a teammate.