after 2 years. i'm done with the new system

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Loli Chef

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2013

I loved this game, I played every day for 2.5 years . But today I log on to play the new ranked system and I get 2 afks in a row and thats enough to get me demoted. Now I have to win about 7-10 games in a row just to get back to where I was before I experienced the common toxic players that we experience every now and then. If I have a 60 percent win rate so it would take me about 20 game to get back to where I was that's about 10-15 hours of my time as punishment. This is dumb. I don't want to have to endure this nail biting series of games that includes a best 2/3 just to get to where I was a week later. 10-15 hours of ranked is like a week of ranking.

I am a long time player and customer. I was 1475~ Pre-season and season 2 I loved elo, you knew where your skill was at and when you were improving. This new system has discouraged me. Those 2 games were weighted much more then the other ones. This makes toxic players even more potent. If they are encountered during series or Demotion games you now have to spend 10 + hours/ a week of decent game time because they afk'd.

Not only that the way Demotions work, is the most brutal thing I have seen in a while. In the old elo system if you had a bad game you'd win one to get back. In the new system, you lose one to get demoted, you have a win 5 games to get LP and Play a series that you must win, and if you don't you'll have to do it again. Okay, that's like 10 game minimum if I win them all.

This new system has been turning me off of league, and I have reduced my play time, because I can no longer see my progress and the new punishment system. I have been spending more time practicing guitar and programming lately instead of playing because playing is only making me upset.

Alien01

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2013

Yeah, I am with you there bro. Got an afk and trolls some rankeds ago, obviously lost. I am thinking on starting my flash programming self learning courses again.

PS: Elohell still exists.

Apollinarius

02-04-2013

Before, a loss or two due to trolls were offset by a win or two. Now, a loss or two can require 10 consecutive wins to make up.

My friend got demoted after losing 3 out of 4 games at the beginning of the new system. Since then, he has won 4 in a row. Now he's up for a promotion series where he has to win another 2 out of 3 just to be at the same place he was at before.

To tally the total wins required to offset the 3 games he lost at the start. Once he completes his series (hopefully successfully) he will have won 7 games since start of the season.

That's a 70% win rate just to stay where you are. Sweet. I had better luck than him. Won my first four and then had a mix of wins and losses since then so I'm middle of my league (not actually advancing) with a 75% win-rate.

EvilHaggis

02-04-2013

demotion should be the same as promotion
best out of 3

AionLive

02-25-2013

Hello, I spend the same, I was promoted to the bronze level 4, and after winning one, lost four in a row to have trolls and went back again to level 5 bronze. This makes me extremely hoarse, and discourages any person to keep playing lol.

Please be more stringent require or to unify the items can not be that top-level people play worse than lower levels ...

Fix the system ranked please.
I am also a player of almost 3 years ago

sorry for my bad English, use google translator. Greetings from Argentina

Selcopa

02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loli Chef View Post
I loved this game, I played every day for 2.5 years . But today I log on to play the new ranked system and I get 2 afks in a row and thats enough to get me demoted. Now I have to win about 7-10 games in a row just to get back to where I was before I experienced the common toxic players that we experience every now and then. If I have a 60 percent win rate so it would take me about 20 game to get back to where I was that's about 10-15 hours of my time as punishment. This is dumb. I don't want to have to endure this nail biting series of games that includes a best 2/3 just to get to where I was a week later. 10-15 hours of ranked is like a week of ranking.
You would not be in the same place if you lost 2 games and then won 7-10 games in a row, your MMR would be significantly higher. Your league standing might be the same as before, but you would be rubber banding much higher due to your higher ELO

Furthermore, the next time you got to that state of "almost demotion" you would have to lose more games than just 2.

I know this because I recently got promoted to Gold 2, whether you want to call it trolls, ragers, bad players, ect, I lost 6 games in a row, right after I had been promoted so I had 0 LP, I didn't get promoted, why is that? Because my MMR was so high from constantly winning more than 50% of my games, but getting a bit unlucky in my division series matches, so when I did get promoted, my mmr was so high that even after straight losses the system still didn't want to demote me.

Quote:
I am a long time player and customer. I was 1475~ Pre-season and season 2 I loved elo, you knew where your skill was at and when you were improving. This new system has discouraged me. Those 2 games were weighted much more then the other ones. This makes toxic players even more potent. If they are encountered during series or Demotion games you now have to spend 10 + hours/ a week of decent game time because they afk'd.
You are just wrong, the League system is a cosmetic, it looks pretty, sometimes it takes a little bit to show where you belong, but as long as you win over 50% of your games, youll move up. I have not found a single person who consistently wins over 50% of their matches and is "stuck"

V0idGravity

02-25-2013

Everyone don't worry about Scalloped potatoes here.. he’s just angry cuz he's he hasn't gotten his **** probing from Terrance the torturer this weekend... and he is backed-up..

KTG DiMA

02-27-2013

you know if it was elo, you'd still have the same problem.

ninjagear

02-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollinarius View Post
Now, a loss or two can require 10 consecutive wins to make up.

My friend got demoted after losing 3 out of 4 games at the beginning of the new system. Since then, he has won 4 in a row. Now he's up for a promotion series where he has to win another 2 out of 3 just to be at the same place he was at before.
how does losing 3 games = losing 1 game?

how does winning 6 games = winning 10 games?

Mar0arders

02-27-2013

I wouldn't consider myself a long time LoL player, but I have put in enough game time to have almost 400 wins in Normal queue. I decided to try ranked play since season 3 started. After placement I was put in Bronze II and played my way up to Bronze I. After winning my first 2 games in Bronze I everything seemed to be going good. I thought I'd be silver in no time. I then proceeded to lose the next 4 games due to afk, feeder bot, noob jungle, etc. On the 4th loss I was demoted to Bronze II.

I can't even begin to say how disappointing that is. I put in all that work, played dozens of games to win my promotion series and make it to Bronze I, only to be put right back in Bronze II. Why should I even bother to try and rank up again if something like this will just happen again? I'm throwing in the towel. I may play normal queue again someday, but as of now I am done with ranked and done with this game. Time for FF14: A Realm Reborn.