Kha'zix still very overpowered

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wingflier

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaminBeer View Post
This board is crazy, he is top ban for a reason, sure you can come up with a couple of counters but overall kha zix facerolls 90% of champs
It's funny because people in this thread are actually saying that the reason TOP PLAYERS (2400+ ELO) and tournament players ban Khazix almost every game is because they don't want someone to steal all their kills LOL.

Khazix is not that squishy to be completely honest. He's a bruiser, and just like any bruiser he can build rather tanky and still dole out plenty of damage. The difference is that most bruisers can't just jump in and out of battle at will, go invis 3 times in a row, poke in an aoe from a large range, and generally rape any target that gets by itself within 2 seconds, while still being able to escape or jump to the next target almost instantaneously.

I know you guys all think you're better than the pros, but quit trying to make Khaz sound like such a puss. There's a reason he's a top ban, no matter how much you want to downplay him.

GiottoXIII

02-04-2013

he can be effective at being scary but that's about it.... there are other assassins / bruisers out there who offer better teamfight utility than kha the pros might not ban him for that reason but he's seeing ban for good reasons in all elos and those of the pros as well...

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onimus Terlain View Post
His weaknesses: mindblowingly squishy. No hard CC. if shut down is completely worthless. Terrible team fighting presence.
I don't think Kha'Zix is OP, but as a Master Yi jungler he seems to be pretty standard fighter durability.

Then again, my point of view comes from not building durability until maybe the last item, situationally.

Since BC gives health, most who build it aren't true squishies IMO.

(I class melee durability as Melee ADC -> Fighter -> Bruiser -> Tank.)

Lil122j

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingflier View Post
I don't even know where to start with this champion. He has no weaknesses. He can lane, he can jungle, he can poke, he can gank, he can harass, he can kite, he can burst, he can carry, he can go invis, he has movespeed buff, he has 40% damage reduction, he escape, he can initiate, he can basically do everything.

He is a powerful top lane, and then can just completely snowball from there. His Leap's ability to cooldown over and over from an assist is just insane. He can go invisible THREE times? Really Riot? And while invisible gets 40% damage reduction, +movespeed, and more damage on the next attack? He has one of the strongest aoe pokes in the game? He is a great counter-jungler and eviscerates anybody who is 300 range away from an allied unit?

How about we stop talking about what he CAN do, and start talking about what he CAN'T do?

He is basically permabanned in competitive play, and when he's picked he wins 90% of the time. Let's compare his "Evolve" ultimate with Viktor's passive "item buff" LOLOLOLOL! Not only is every one of Kha'zix evolutions more powerful than Viktor's, but Khazix can do it 3 times! And it doesn't take up an inventory slot!

I mean I know Viktor isn't that great, but holy christ just look how much better Kha'zix is.

Yes, I know many champions are permabanned, like Amumu, but Amumu can be countered for heaven's sake. Amumu is the most easily counter-jungled champion in the game, plus items like QSS, Banshee Veil, Zhonya's, and spells like Cleanse, as well as good team positioning shut him down.

How does one go about countering Khazix? Even if you buy Oracles or whatever, he can just wait way outside the fight til somebody gets low, then jump in, kill them instantly, and jump back out again. How did Oracles help you whatsoever there?

This guy needs to be seriously looked at. And no, I didn't just lose a game to him or anything, in fact, I don't even usually play against him because he's always banned. But something should be done.
Play a champ that has CC or ask a team member to help. Quit trying to 1v1 Kha'zix when you're isolated and scream OP when he beats you, even if you are a bit more fed than him. A similar situation would be you running up to Darius 1v1 and complaining when you get dunked.
You don't need oracles to counter him. All you need is CC. Alistar is a good example.
A Kha'zix that is doing insane amounts of damage will die before he can reach you if you CC him. A Kha'zix that has enough tankiness to reach you likely won't be doing enough damage to kill you.

Iced Cream

02-04-2013

Learn to focus.

alfavhunter

02-04-2013

its not so much khaz is op, its rengar is a little up, not much, but a little, tjhey are still working on rebalancing rengar tho so it might take some time

VitaminBeer

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingflier View Post
It's funny because people in this thread are actually saying that the reason TOP PLAYERS (2400+ ELO) and tournament players ban Khazix almost every game is because they don't want someone to steal all their kills LOL.

Khazix is not that squishy to be completely honest. He's a bruiser, and just like any bruiser he can build rather tanky and still dole out plenty of damage. The difference is that most bruisers can't just jump in and out of battle at will, go invis 3 times in a row, poke in an aoe from a large range, and generally rape any target that gets by itself within 2 seconds, while still being able to escape or jump to the next target almost instantaneously.

I know you guys all think you're better than the pros, but quit trying to make Khaz sound like such a puss. There's a reason he's a top ban, no matter how much you want to downplay him.
Whew not everyone is crazy.

This is a balance question. Listin 1-2 faults with a champ doeant make him a puss, think of the plusses and negatives