Kha'zix still very overpowered

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wingflier

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2013

I don't even know where to start with this champion. He has no weaknesses. He can lane, he can jungle, he can poke, he can gank, he can harass, he can kite, he can burst, he can carry, he can go invis, he has movespeed buff, he has 40% damage reduction, he escape, he can initiate, he can basically do everything.

He is a powerful top lane, and then can just completely snowball from there. His Leap's ability to cooldown over and over from an assist is just insane. He can go invisible THREE times? Really Riot? And while invisible gets 40% damage reduction, +movespeed, and more damage on the next attack? He has one of the strongest aoe pokes in the game? He is a great counter-jungler and eviscerates anybody who is 300 range away from an allied unit?

How about we stop talking about what he CAN do, and start talking about what he CAN'T do?

He is basically permabanned in competitive play, and when he's picked he wins 90% of the time. Let's compare his "Evolve" ultimate with Viktor's passive "item buff" LOLOLOLOL! Not only is every one of Kha'zix evolutions more powerful than Viktor's, but Khazix can do it 3 times! And it doesn't take up an inventory slot!

I mean I know Viktor isn't that great, but holy christ just look how much better Kha'zix is.

Yes, I know many champions are permabanned, like Amumu, but Amumu can be countered for heaven's sake. Amumu is the most easily counter-jungled champion in the game, plus items like QSS, Banshee Veil, Zhonya's, and spells like Cleanse, as well as good team positioning shut him down.

How does one go about countering Khazix? Even if you buy Oracles or whatever, he can just wait way outside the fight til somebody gets low, then jump in, kill them instantly, and jump back out again. How did Oracles help you whatsoever there?

This guy needs to be seriously looked at. And no, I didn't just lose a game to him or anything, in fact, I don't even usually play against him because he's always banned. But something should be done.

Aringhe

02-04-2013

Try Jayce against him top, Twisted Fate against him mid, and Shyvana against him in the jungle. All three of those should be able to play against Kha'Zix with ease; keep him on his toes in the lane and gank the other lanes. He'll be farmed by late game but your team should be fed.

GurkenMAN

02-04-2013

His Aoe-poke is very strong, yes. Especially after evolving.
The other arguments are...well very isolated view and he doesnt win 90%- hes actually below 50%.
But i think that is because all the kids now play him because he was picked by the pros- as always^^

Funny thing is he was considered UP after release.
I think hes fine- When he evolves w you have to be prepared for his harass but he will oom fast and armor counters him quite well early (till BC).
I never had a problem with him (or lets say not too often).

Onimus Terlain

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2013

If he were actually OP, he'd win more than 50% of the games that he is in.

Spoiler alert:
He doesn't.

He's hovering around 48% win rate right now. He was never higher than 52.7%. And even that wouldn't qualify as a top 10 champ today.

He's an assassin. He kills people. I suggest you get over it. His team fighting presence is negligent, his jungling is dangerous (to him) and all those "strengths" he has are actually just his evolutions, most of which he doesn't have access to for the majority of the game.

His weaknesses: mindblowingly squishy. No hard CC. if shut down is completely worthless. Terrible team fighting presence.

He's great at cleaning up team fights, but that's only if your team won anyway. And every assassin has that strength.

Any champion can sound OP if you just list all their abilities in a biased manner.

This reminds me of when people said Tryndamere was OP. Dealing damage is only a small facet in this game. It's important, but it's not everything. And considering Kha'zix has very little utility outside diving enemy carries and hopefully getting out alive, he usually winds up just being a kill magnet, which is not really helpful to your team.

Do you want to know why I ban Kha’zix? So that no one on my team picks him thinking they’ll just faceroll mid and win early.
Most people don’t use him correctly and think he’s an easy win champ, when in reality he is good at getting kills, but not winning games.
The problem today is people who play league focus entirely on getting kills. It doesn’t matter if your team lost 50 kills to 20. If you got 15 of those, it’s not your fault, right? You were just stuck with a bunch of trolls and feeders.
There are better ways to play the game and Kha’zix exacerbates people’s urge to get as many kills as they can and not worrying about their team.
It’s the same reason I hate having Darius on my team. They don’t help the team very much at the end of the day, but at least they got 4 more kills than they have deaths, so they are not accountable if you all lose.

L2P and stop thinking just because a champion is good at getting kills, he must be OP.

Believeinsteve

02-04-2013

Malzahar counters this guy rediculously hard. Its why I picked up malz a week ago & started learning him once the kha'zix mid era came in. He jumps at me & attempts to combo, q/w/e/r he's dead by then, if not ignite will finish it off.

Jesustim

02-04-2013

AD assassin with no natural good tankiness or hard CC? easy to counter with proper play. also; khaz' early jungle is relatively ****ty, a good invader (think shaco) will shut him out of the game.

VitaminBeer

02-04-2013

This board is crazy, he is top ban for a reason, sure you can come up with a couple of counters but overall kha zix facerolls 90% of champs

GiottoXIII

02-04-2013

tell that to my lux and her fancy new armgaurd... IMA FIRIN MAH LAZAH at an ugly bug

Jasiwel

02-04-2013

Kha'Zix is not overpowered. At all. Not since last nerf, anyways. He has weaknesses: weaknesses that will drive his mainers mad (like me). How about you play as him against a team that knows how to play against him? You will find out what his weaknesses are, how squishy he really is, how every ability you use may be your last for that life span, and how you often have to risk a lot to get kills. Then you have to keep getting kills. Kha'Zix doesn't snowball like most other assassins can. If he isn't effective enough in a game against another good team, then it can cost your team the game simply by being a Kha'Zix rendered ineffective. Neither Leap nor Stealth Ult make you invulnerable against CC. Sight Wards placed in strategic locations by the enemy will make your life miserable because it's more difficult to activate the passive bonus.

Point is, Kha'Zix is a high risk, high reward champion. He doesn't snowball. Against a good team he can be too big of a risk to use compared to other assassins. The better the opposing team, the more difficult it is to find someone who can use him well enough. That's one reason why he's banned in higher Drafts. On top of that, Kha'Zix players have to be the biggest decision makers on the team half of the time: the reason why you see Kha'Zix picking out isolated or weakened enemies is because he has to. That's how he works as an assassin, unlike many others that can burst down a lot of champions right then and there. There has to be a lot of coordination between the team and Kha'Zix, plus Kha'Zix makes decisions based on what's advantageous. If the Kha'Zix player doesn't see an advantage, then he probably won't engage. He's a liability to the team for this reason, even if he has a great potential at the same time.

GiottoXIII

02-04-2013

well said Jasiwel... and like i said Lux with armgaurd Kha'zix worst nightmare >.> that plethora of CC and that LAZAH :I