Game wont start. Possible Issue with Windows 8?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MateenOwesMoney

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2013

I've never really had problems with the game not starting up. All previous issues I've had with the game have had to do with in-game issues. So now I get the "Pvp.net kernal patcher is not responding"

Any suggestions?

Nameless Rogue

02-04-2013

Greetings! Did you install windows 8 recently or has it been installed for a while?

MateenOwesMoney

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2013

This is a fairly new laptop that came with windows 8 installed. Its not some super awesome gaming rig, but i suspect its at least enough to run league

Nameless Rogue

02-04-2013

I'm sure it is capable if you purchased it recently, I have an HP Spectre XT Ultrabook running Windows 8 which is capable of playing on medium settings, but it would seem Windows 8 can be very finicky with league. I get the same error you are seeing from time to time on said machine and I can usually solve it by running the launcher as Administrator (Right click on icon run as administrator) In your league folder there is also a lol.launcher.admin exe file which you can make a shortcut to which will force run as admin when you open it. Hope this helps!

Solaris Shadow

Wrenchman

02-04-2013

Make sure your computer is fully updated with .net framework 3.5/4 installed

Vegitablez

04-22-2013

I'm having the same problem Mateen is. I tried to run as an admin and its done nothing for me. Please help.

IM INEVITABLE

11-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solaris Shadow View Post
Make sure your computer is fully updated with .net framework 3.5/4 installed
I googled this and when I pressed download it said that my .net framework is already updated with .net framework 4 what do I do now it still wont load ive tried running as administrator but it still gives me the not responding