Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Game wont start. Possible Issue with Windows 8?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MateenOwesMoney

02-04-2013

I've never really had problems with the game not starting up. All previous issues I've had with the game have had to do with in-game issues. So now I get the "Pvp.net kernal patcher is not responding"

Any suggestions?

Nameless Rogue

02-04-2013

Greetings! Did you install windows 8 recently or has it been installed for a while?

MateenOwesMoney

02-04-2013

This is a fairly new laptop that came with windows 8 installed. Its not some super awesome gaming rig, but i suspect its at least enough to run league

Nameless Rogue

02-04-2013

I'm sure it is capable if you purchased it recently, I have an HP Spectre XT Ultrabook running Windows 8 which is capable of playing on medium settings, but it would seem Windows 8 can be very finicky with league. I get the same error you are seeing from time to time on said machine and I can usually solve it by running the launcher as Administrator (Right click on icon run as administrator) In your league folder there is also a lol.launcher.admin exe file which you can make a shortcut to which will force run as admin when you open it. Hope this helps!

Solaris Shadow

Recruiter

02-04-2013

Make sure your computer is fully updated with .net framework 3.5/4 installed

Vegitablez

04-22-2013

I'm having the same problem Mateen is. I tried to run as an admin and its done nothing for me. Please help.

DewwMe

11-28-2013

Quote:
Solaris Shadow:
Make sure your computer is fully updated with .net framework 3.5/4 installed

I googled this and when I pressed download it said that my .net framework is already updated with .net framework 4 what do I do now it still wont load ive tried running as administrator but it still gives me the not responding