Really Frustrated With Riot Customer Service

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sophitia

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidgolem View Post
...why would you use a school email to make accounts for anything?
Because they're controlled by campus, and can always be recovered if they get hijacked? Not sure how that's relevant, but ok.

Vertany

02-05-2013

I am actually quite content with the Customer Support, however, I agree that that is not always the case.

I made a ticket once because I lost RP suddenly.
I had bought some RP using the credit card option, to buy the 75% off Vayne and Xerath, a huge deal! Then I lost all remaining RP (but I still had the Skins), and asked myself why. So I contacted the Support.
They told me the credit card buying didn't go as planned, so their system took away the RP. Then they went onto my account and took away the skins too. Back then I didn't know why the purchase didn't function, but by now I know. It's because my bank card isn't even a credit card.
Anyway, I asked them if I buy the same amount of RP again using bank transfer, if they could give me back my stuff, but they didn't allow it because the 50% off deal was already over!

So what does that mean? After I went to the Support I even had less than before, since they took away my Skins too.

Soulyre

02-05-2013

Good luck. Have yet to see a red respond to any of these threads.

Sophitia

02-05-2013

After filing a second ticket, I feel a lot more satisfied with the CS team (or at least the second customer service member who addressed my ticket). However, I sincerely hope no one else has to go through the same problems I have, and I'm going to leave this topic up for the sake of transparency.

Quote:
Hi Premium,

I sincerely apologize for any misunderstanding and confusion my fellow Rioteer has made. I have checked your account and have seen that the hacker have made a couple of transactions while in possession of your account, and these are the following:

[insert list of stuff hacker did]

I have taken these items away from you inventory as well as refunding the appropriate IP and RP taken from these transactions. However, since the hacker has purchased a couple of IP boosts and have played some games, I am also taking away the bonus IP gained from these boosts. Unfortunately, as for your friend's list and Elo we really can't do anything about this. The Elo system was set up this way to prevent corruption. If you have any other questions, concerns, or feel like there are still some missing items on your account, please don't hesitate to contact me."